PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett speculation

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 13th, 2000, 06:43:39 PM
I was watching the X-men premier on E Daily and they had on Ray Park and the reporter asked him, if there was any truth to the rumor that he was going to play Boba Fett? He kind of shrugged it off and did not really want to talk about it. Has anybody heard this rumor, I know this is the first I heard of it. I must admit I think he could play the part, at least while Fett is wearing his suit.

ReaperFett
Jul 13th, 2000, 06:47:17 PM
I think he is filming elsewhere at the mo

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 13th, 2000, 06:49:39 PM
Filming what, I did not hear he was signed for anything else.

ReaperFett
Jul 13th, 2000, 06:54:58 PM
Im SURE it was at TF.N. They said something like he would be able to fight cheorigraph, but little else, as the fights are done close to each other. I am SURE I read that

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 13th, 2000, 06:58:40 PM
I read that and all on T.F.N they reported that Lucas had said that Park was going to play a role in the movie, but then Park's publicist denied it. I wonder if that is where this reporter got this rumor?

ReaperFett
Jul 13th, 2000, 07:00:32 PM
if the word was ROLE, then it is right, as he is fight cheoreographer, which is a role as such

Bromine
Jul 13th, 2000, 07:11:03 PM
Ray Park is a martial artist and is usually hired for that skill, correct? I've really never thought of Boba Fett having those kinds of skills. He just packs a lot of hardware and weaponry. I don't think they'd hire Ray Park for his acting ability.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 13th, 2000, 07:16:38 PM
Though, would he have to act as Boba Fett, if they just showed him in his armor than they could always use voice overs for the part, Bullock is no great actor either and that is why they did not use his voice for TESB. ALso in neither X-men nor Sleepy Hollow, did Park ever uses his martial arts ability, so it perhaps possible that he could play the part. I am not saying that Park should be Fett but I am just speculating on the possiblity.

Jedieb
Jul 13th, 2000, 07:38:49 PM
I think Park would be perfect for the role. Why would he need to know how to act? I don't think we'll ever see Fett without his helmet. GL may surprise me and show us Fett's origins, we are going to be seeing plenty of him in EP2, but I wonder if we'll see him/her out of costume? I'd rather keep the mystery in tact and not catch a glimpse of the man/woman behind the mask. But whoever does play Fett may well have all of their dialogue voiced over, ala Vader and Maul.

Bromine
Jul 13th, 2000, 08:29:39 PM
True, very true.