PDA

View Full Version : minor blooper in esb

Aprentize
Jul 14th, 2000, 11:43:08 AM
during the battle of hoth, luke says "that armor's too strong for blasters".
He says ARMOR, not SHIELD. Had he said shield, it would have been correct. cuz as soon as the atat is on the ground, it takes 4 or less shots to EXPLODE it!! What?, the armor is thinner just because its on the ground? dont think so... the shields could have broken in the fall, but he says armor. just a minor blooper... any comments?

Darth McBain
Jul 14th, 2000, 01:17:13 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought the ATAT self-destructed (in a last-ditch attempt to take out any enemies near it)...

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 14th, 2000, 03:27:47 PM
I think it's a mistake in the script. The ATAT that Luke took down never blew up in an attempt to blow up any other enemies.

ReaperFett
Jul 14th, 2000, 04:05:05 PM
maybe the top armour is weakest, whereas they could not get to the top in the battle

Bromine
Jul 14th, 2000, 07:59:25 PM
I don't think the AT-AT's had shields. The blaster fire seems to be hitting the hull of the AT-AT. I assumed that when the AT-AT fell over, it damaged itself extensively and blew up. The snowspeeder seemed to be just taking potshots. If you remember, a bunch of Rebel soldiers went running over to the downed AT-AT, then it blew up and they had to run for cover, so I don't think the snowspeeder would be trying to blow up the AT-AT when the soldiers are running toward it to finish the job.

Padawan Cannoli
Jul 16th, 2000, 06:18:06 PM
If you look again, the downed AT-AT has his neck exposed, whic is where the rebels target it to blow it up. The neck isn't as heavily shielded with armor because it is a joint.