PDA

View Full Version : Dido to the classic moment

grand moff sauron
Jul 18th, 2000, 12:47:57 AM
I totally agree with Rick McCallum's view that the best scene in the star wars series was Luke walking out and starring at the double suns(and not just because that's an interesting effect to pull off). McCallum is very right about how that scene kind of jump starts the Star Wars adventure and to me that's what Star Wars is more than anything else, an adventure a young man's ritualistic passing from child to adult and all the trials that come with it. And thinking on that makes me hesitant for the rest of the prequel trilogy because that is exactly what the new trilogy will not be about. It will instead be of a young man who fails his trials and brings down everyone and everything with him. Episode I was probably all the adventure will likely see out of the new trilogy.

Bromine
Jul 18th, 2000, 02:13:36 AM
I agree, that's one of my favorite scenes.
The prequels will definitely be different from the original trilogy, that's for certain, but I think there will still be adventure. The difference is that Anakin ultimately fails in his quest, whereas Luke was successful. It will be interesting to see how the story will unfold, considering it ends in tragedy.

DarthAce
Jul 18th, 2000, 06:12:34 AM
i agree 100%

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 18th, 2000, 08:29:48 AM
It will be great to see Anakin's dreams come to fruition, but ultimately see everything good about him go out the window!

Jedieb
Jul 18th, 2000, 03:19:37 PM
I think if the "sunset" scene in ANH has a comparable scene in TPM it's the "separation" scene between Anakin and Shmi. Both scenes are crucial in the development of the characters. For me, Luke's scene worked much better. But I'm sure there are plenty of SW fans who favor or identify with Anakin's scene. I just thought the shot and the music worked together beautifully. And Mark Hamil did a nice job of portraying classic teen angst and longing.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 18th, 2000, 03:53:53 PM
I think those are two of the greatest moments in all of the star wars movies! They're spine-tingling! Along with Luke speaking to Leia through the force in ESB, the last scene in ESB, and the end celebration in ROTJ. I'm looking forward to a few more great moments in the next 2 movies!

Doc Milo
Jul 18th, 2000, 04:06:23 PM
I disagree with the orginial poster that the prequels will not be about a young boy's ritualistic quest to adulthood. That is what it will be about, only it will show the different route -- where Luke took the light, Anakin takes the dark -- and it will show the consequences of that decision.

The adventure comes from the journey, not from the results of the journey.

So the prequels should still have that adventure, but with a very different end.

DarthAce
Jul 19th, 2000, 02:58:37 AM
I agree on that too!:)
My favorite scene in TPM is the one who obi and qui are talking and watch the city!:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 19th, 2000, 09:01:33 AM
yeah, that is a beautiful shot, ain' it?

bronto
Jul 19th, 2000, 01:16:47 PM
Yup, artifical sunset glare on the lense and everything. Vey cool shot of all the ships flying by.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 19th, 2000, 01:57:46 PM
that shot would make a gorgeous poster!

DarthAce
Jul 20th, 2000, 02:14:53 PM
i see you got my point!:)