PDA

View Full Version : Bail announced

ReaperFett
Jul 12th, 2000, 09:02:52 PM
from TF.N:

Joining the cast of Star Wars: Episode II is Emmy-award winning actor Jimmy Smits.
That's what greeted visitors of the Official Site this evening. It's ironic, because I (Josh) just said to a friend this morning that that is one rumor that just wouldn't die, so perhaps it was legit. An sure enough it's true, so maybe that's why:

"I'd thought of Jimmy for the role before George Lucas had even confirmed the character's appearance," recalls Casting Director Robin Gurland. "Then completely independently, his agents let me know that he would love to be involved in a Star Wars project. It worked out great."
The as-yet-untitled Star Wars: Episode II adds another film to Smits' exemplary roster of movie and television work. Among his most recent motion picture credits are Wim Wenders' Million Dollar Hotel, co-starring Mel Gibson, Milla Jovovich and Jeremy Davies; New Line Cinema's Price of Glory, directed by Carlos Avila; and Chuck Russell's Bless the Child, a thriller co-starring Kim Basinger, due out this August.

Hit starwars.com for the rest of the story, with more on his acting credits, a picture and more. Thanks to Jeff for sharing the excellent news with us first and many others for also sending it in. And of course, kudos to Coming Attractions for the original spy report about 5 weeks ago!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 12th, 2000, 10:46:08 PM
Cool! He should bring a dignified performance to a character I'm very much looking forward to seeing!

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 12th, 2000, 11:25:22 PM
I really like this move Jimmy Smits is a great actor and he is perfect to play Bail

DarthAce
Jul 13th, 2000, 03:00:39 AM
GREAT!:)

DaBoSsNaStY
Jul 13th, 2000, 04:34:56 PM
I like JS ... i agree that he would do a good job in Ep.2!!

DarthAce
Jul 14th, 2000, 03:00:42 AM
Yeap!:)

Darth Ronin
Jul 21st, 2000, 12:46:19 AM
Well considering Smits' age, I'm guessing that the Ani/Ami/Bail love triangle idea is out of consideration now.

DarthAce
Jul 21st, 2000, 03:47:56 AM
but women like older men!:(

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 21st, 2000, 09:07:33 AM
i think smits maybe a little too old. But girls do dig older guys, so i guess anything is possible. Maybe she was so in love with him, but was stuck with Anakin that she decided show whatever kind of gesture of love that she could, and gives leia to bail.