PDA

View Full Version : Select Picture #2 Spoiler here!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 20th, 2000, 09:04:19 PM
Here it is folks, just move down the page to see what it is...

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2000/29/img/select.jpg

the spoiler part: (if you couldn't tell from the pic)

If you look closely, she is in Owen's garage!!! Don't believe me? Check out Episode IV and the reason why its blue screen is because they have to add the desert and perhaps an T-16 Skyhopper! Granted its pure speculation, but it sure looks like the garage that Luke worked on Threepio and R2.

Doesn't Padme look gorgeous, even from afar?

Bromine
Jul 21st, 2000, 01:13:07 AM
T-16 Skyhopper? Guess it's possible, but that would mean Luke was flying an 11+ year-old vehicle. Actually, that's not so far-fetched.:)
Definitely looks like the Lars home, but it could just be another home on Tattooine. The sole fact that Padme is on Tattooine is highly significant, though.

DarthAce
Jul 21st, 2000, 03:45:34 AM
Look close at amidala-she looks sad-something bad has happend-someones death may cused these-someone in totoine!:(

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 21st, 2000, 09:02:20 AM
just looks bored to me. maybe those dudes next to her can't fix whatever it is they're trying to fix.

Darth McBain
Jul 21st, 2000, 11:37:35 AM
That thing on the far right of the picture looks like those "pods" on the official EpII site? If they are cloning devices, like many claim them to be, then maybe Owen is the mastermind behind the clone wars :) Or maybe they are just something as innocuous as moisture vaporators...

SithDewd
Jul 21st, 2000, 11:48:03 AM
That pod thing definitly looks like those pod things on the main site. So are they cloning pods? or something else?

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 21st, 2000, 12:07:02 PM
Imagine that! uncle owen, the clone farmer!

Banestone
Jul 21st, 2000, 01:10:31 PM
How odd! And it yet again brings a recurring question to my mind... how exactly ARE Owen and Beru Lars? Does Anakin get a sister or a brother? Does Amidala have any siblings? Or are the Aunt and Uncle of Luke not actually related to him? Personally, My guess is that Beru is Amidala's sister... maybe... maybe even is Amidala herself! Doubt that, but Aunt Beru is definitely the more sympathetic of the Lars couple, and reminds me a bit of how Amidala acts, so I think she's either related or is in disguise for one last time, remarrying after the whole "Bride of Vader" thing fell through and destroyed her relationship with Anakin... :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 21st, 2000, 01:31:31 PM
Owen is (supposedly) Obi wan's brother. That's where the relation is supposed to be.

Bromine
Jul 21st, 2000, 03:24:07 PM
LOL, I never noticed the "pod" thing in the picture! The fact that it's so small sorta debunks the cloning tank idea. Personally, I still think that if we see a clonging facility, the clones will be in cylinders like the EU.

Darth McBain
Jul 21st, 2000, 04:11:32 PM
I agree Bromine - those would have to be some pretty small clones! :) I personally think it is some piece of farming equipment. Who knows, maybe they threw those on the EpII site as a red-herring, so we would think it was something of ultimate importance when it was just some little gadget found on Uncle Owen's moisture farm...

Darth Ronin
Jul 21st, 2000, 04:31:10 PM
A while back (before the official announcement), TFN quoted a spy article or something that actually foretold the casting of Owen Lars. The thing is though, that the article (or maybe it was an interview) referred to Owen Lars as

****SPOILER***

Anakin's step-brother or foster brother.

Which is different than the novelization, I know. Odd isn't it? So does Shmi get married?

Bromine
Jul 21st, 2000, 04:55:17 PM
I figured that either Shimi adopts a kid, or maybe they're related by their father, no their mother. That would mean that Owen has the same mysterious father as Anakin and presumably has a high midchlorian count as well. Either that, or there's a mistake and Anakin isn't related to Owen. The reason I doubt Shmi has another kid is that she simply looks too old.

Darth Ronin
Jul 21st, 2000, 05:39:13 PM
Yeah Bromine, I don't think she has another kid but she could re-marry or adopt. I looked back on TFN and two people who watched the interview remember two different quotes. One thought it was foster brother one thought it was step brother, which means she either remarried or adopted (if the info is credible).