PDA

View Full Version : New possible spoiler

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 20th, 2000, 08:35:15 AM
You know the drill!

<font color="yellow">
Many will remember the audio allusion George Lucas made during the Magic of Myth tour when it was in Washington D.C. He mentioned something to the effect that there was a specific reason the Emperor's guards are wearing crimson, the color of blood on their uniforms. This would be explained in the prequels.

Here's something that may or may not suprise you: in Episode II you'll see Red Senate guards! </font>

How cool is that! I love those guys, they're some of the coolest characters in the OT!

Bromine
Jul 20th, 2000, 09:46:26 AM
Cool! This means we can stockpile action figures and have blue guard vs. red guard wars!:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 20th, 2000, 09:48:59 AM
Who would you put your money on to win the fight? blue or red?

Bromine
Jul 20th, 2000, 09:52:57 AM
Blue Guards: Big fancy frill on their helmets and that weird nose peice coming down over their face.
Red Guards: Entire face hidden under a sleek helmet and a cool tinted visor.
Blue Guards: Big, Clunky blaster rifles they wear over their shoulder.
Red Guards: Wicked force pikes that are so freakin' scary because we don't even know exactly what they do.

Red Guards by a long shot.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 20th, 2000, 09:55:33 AM
you're right. red guards without breaking sweat. blue guards were trained at boy scouts, red guards were trained at a discipline school for dogs. much more vicious.

mez7
Jul 20th, 2000, 11:16:25 AM
COOL im making a guard suit now, so i could probably rent myself out to theaters for the opening,

the red guard would kick ass too, theyd have the blues beat before they could unsling their rifles

DarthAce
Jul 20th, 2000, 01:59:18 PM
i want red,i want red,i want red!:)

JediWilliam
Jul 20th, 2000, 02:05:51 PM
Well the red are still areound in ROTJ, so it's pretty obvious.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 20th, 2000, 02:54:11 PM
yeah, we just want to see them badly.

DarthAce
Jul 21st, 2000, 03:50:44 AM
i think the red comes from the blood of the jedi-you know so that the people will always remember the win over the jedi!:(

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 21st, 2000, 09:10:07 AM
i was thinking the very same thing. the blood of a jedi would camouflage nicely in their crimson robes. so would the blood of some unruly senators who step out of line.If Palpy wanted some senator who opposed him knocked off, his trusty guards could do the job, and the blood wouldn't show!

Banestone
Jul 21st, 2000, 01:17:54 PM
I love those guards! Mmm... red guards... heh heh, I have a red guard (otherwise known as the "Imperial Royal Guardsmen") costume, so we could duke it out together, mez7! :D

The red guards also have blaster rifles, only they are hidden under their robes... and obviously smaller than the portable cannons the blue guards seem to favor! Red for the blood of the Jedi... I like that!

Bromine
Jul 21st, 2000, 03:30:01 PM
Does anyone else think the Blue Guards look kinda lame? Specifically, the helmet with the weird nose cover. Just looks like a really bad variation of the Royal Guard design. Although, the frill is kinda cool for a ceremonnial outfit.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 21st, 2000, 10:31:24 PM
for sure they're lamer, but if you think about it, they're not allowed to be cooler than the red guards, the red guards were derived from the blue!

DarthAce
Jul 24th, 2000, 02:52:50 AM
hehehehehehehe!:)