PDA

View Full Version : Byrne rumor, AGAIN!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 18th, 2000, 04:14:48 PM
Canoe Jam! has their latest Star Wars entry mention the Gabriel Byrne casting rumour. Byrne tells TV Guide he is indeed in talks with George Lucas to take a part in the follow-up to "The Phantom Menace."
"We're discussing it," he tells TV Guide, although would not reveal any information on whom he would play or any plot details on the film.

"I think they're still writing the script," said Byrne, who made an impression starring in the Coen Brothers' gangster classic "Miller's Crossing."

Hmm, if Byrne is truly still in talks, does that mean there will be another round of casting announcements on the official site soon?

I swiped this from TF.N guys.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 18th, 2000, 05:08:42 PM
I think he would make a great addition to the film, maybe he could play Tarkin he kind of looks like Cushing. How tall is he anyways? I say he is short but I am just not sure.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 18th, 2000, 06:11:55 PM
after all things are considered, he'd probably make the best Tarkin, even if he is maybe a little bit taller. he's certainly not as tall as christopher walken! no doubt he'd be a fantastic addition to the saga!

DarthAce
Jul 19th, 2000, 03:07:15 AM
I love the guy but if this is true and if walken is too in the movie then i thing that episode II's 1/2 budget will go to the cast!:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 19th, 2000, 09:05:33 AM
i wouldn't mind that. they probably learned alot in episode 1, and can afford to spend a little more on cast. besides none of these pricey actors would get really big parts anyway. i mean, not obi wan big or qui gon big.

Jidai Geki
Jul 22nd, 2000, 03:41:34 PM
If Byrne, or anyone else for that matter, was under consideration for a "key" role in Ep. II, they were cast months ago, and all this rumor nonsense is just that, NONSENSE. The official site just announced last week that Jimmy Smits( god help us all) had been cast as Bail Organa, AFTER he finished shooting his scenes. It isn't as if he was just cast. He was decided on long ago. Why can't everyone just relax? Whoever is gonna be in it is gonna be in it. I think Dennis Franz is being cast as a Rogue Jedi Master. And I have that on good authority from my sister's, boyfriend's, uncle's, neighbor's nephew, who works in a comic shop, and bumped into a guy who said he met someone on a train into NYC who told him that his landlady's petticurist read it in the Nicaraguan TV Guide. Take it for what it is worth.

Bromine
Jul 23rd, 2000, 12:02:45 AM
That's true; all casting should definitely be done by now. Especially the major roles.
Which brings up the question: Which of the people already cast will be the new Sith?

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 23rd, 2000, 06:31:51 PM
I don't think they casted the part for the Sith yet, none of the characters named seemed to fit that role. ALso, Byrne could have a small part maybe as Tarkin, whose role would be expanded in the next film, that could be the reason for the delay, Lucas might want him to sign a two picture deal, or maybe it is because he keeps shooting his mouth that he is going to be in Star Wars. Hopefully this will be resolved in this week.

DarthAce
Jul 24th, 2000, 02:40:00 AM
I hope so mate!:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 24th, 2000, 09:07:46 AM
damn straight! we need details!