PDA

View Full Version : a 3PO line in ROTJ.

Padawan Cannoli
Jul 23rd, 2000, 08:05:46 PM
I've always been stumped in ROTJ at the beginning, when on the way to Jabba's palace, 3PO remarks to R2 about "Lando and Chewbacca never [returning] from that awful place." Chewbacca wasn't even there yet, so what was he talking about?

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 23rd, 2000, 10:05:16 PM
Probably because after ESB, Chewie and Lando went to Jabba's, smuggled Lando in, but chewie split and didn't make contact with the group. Doesn't explain Shadows of the Empire though.

Bromine
Jul 24th, 2000, 03:35:32 PM
I was thinking along the same lines: Chewie and Lando left for Jabba's and never made contact with Luke and the droids after that. Although, if that's true, how come he didn't mention Leia? She was with Cheiwe the whole time, right? Kinda strange. This would be an interesting question for "Ask the Jedi Council"

JediWilliam
Jul 24th, 2000, 05:05:02 PM
My guess is that to prevent 3PO from giving away the plan they just didn't tell him. Chewie and Leia were suppose to go and sneak Han out, and I guess Chewie was willing to spend a few nights in the prison to save Han. But if 3PO knew about it I'm sure he would have said something to spoil it.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 24th, 2000, 08:00:51 PM
that would be the easiest explanation...that everyone stayed in touch, but left c-3p0 in the dark.