PDA

View Full Version : Our friends at AICN

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 26th, 2000, 12:38:01 AM
here's some *news* regarding episode 2. remember it's from AICN, so it may be considered comic relief before news, but just the same consider it as possible spoiler stuff.

Anyway, what I know at the moment is kind of sketchy, but the majority of the scenes featuring the Senate are done. Palpatine is clearly in control here. The guards are now like the ones you saw in Return of the Jedi, and the Senate chambers have a darker look and feel to them than they did in SW1. This is also where Jimmy Smits and Christopher Lee have a lot of their scenes. Smits puts on a regal air to Bail when he's in the Senate chambers, but his scenes outside of the Senate (which there aren't many of I'm afraid) show some of the same spunk that Leia had in the first three films. He also has a wonderful scene with Ewan where he (Bail) almost begs with Obi Wan to lead an army. Obi Wan is a bit reluctant because he hasn't completed training Anakin yet, but push comes to shove and Master and Padawan get separated which leads to Anakin's ego getting the best of him and he makes a pretty foolish choice which sort of sets things in motion.

Interesting stuff if any of it holds true...

Bromine
Jul 26th, 2000, 12:56:55 AM
Hmm...interesting. I like how it's embellished with tidbits of info we could guess ourselves: The senate will have a darker look (the whole movie has been described as darker in tone), Palpy will be pretty much in control (safe guess since he's the Supreme Chancellor), and the actors playing senators have the majority of their scenes in the Senate (big surprise). Actually, nothing really there that's all that surprising; we could have guessed as much long ago. I find that most rumours are false if you can say, "I thought so!". I'm betting the true rumours are the ones we never saw coming. If there's a rumour circulating that's really out of left field, like a scene where Obi-Wan fights a pterodactyl-like creature, I'd bet it's true.
Don't mean to dump on AICN, but it seems their "rumours" are more like fan speculation.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 26th, 2000, 01:06:50 AM
see what I mean? that's why i put the asterisks around news! notice also that bail acts like leia did in ANH? What a novel assumption! father and daughter sharing the same characteristics!