PDA

View Full Version : Bria Tharen mensioned in ESB!

Aprentize
Jul 21st, 2000, 12:30:36 PM
This is just a thaught, but i always think the conversation between Chewie and Han when aproatshing (spell?) Cloudcity went like this:
Chewie: Lando was pretty pissed about that thing on Ylesia when Bria conned him on so mush money. He thaught YOU was in the sting!
Han: That was a long time ago, im sure he's forgoten about that...
And when Lando says "You double-crossing no-good swindler", he could be refering to this as well. It really fits perfectly into the story.
Any comment?

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 21st, 2000, 12:35:39 PM
I'm not quite up to speed with the EU, who the the heck is Bria Tharen?

Figrin D an
Jul 21st, 2000, 01:24:46 PM
I suppose it does fit... but, more than likely, that event involving Bria Tharen and the sting operation was structured so that it would fit into the ESB storyline, rather than the other way around. Bria's character wasn't developed until after the 'EU craze' started in 1991. Also, Lando was REALLY angry about Bria running off with all of that money, so much so that he effectively ended his friendship with Han. In ESB, despite his "double-crossing no-good swindler" line, Lando did great Han and the group rather warmly, something that I am not so sure he would have done after that EU incident with Bria. So... take from that what you will...

Bromine
Jul 21st, 2000, 03:26:16 PM
I think it's wishful thinking. Like Figrin said, the character was invented LONG after ESB. Still, nothing wrong with wishful thinking.:)

Aprentize
Jul 23rd, 2000, 06:34:50 AM
lando and han hadnt seen each other for years, and lando had already punched han in the face. Lando did greet him, cuz he was happy to see him, no matter how angry they were with each other. And GL must have thaught of something when he wrote the lines, but we never really know why. I dont think it was about han winning the falcon, that would be stupid. So my conclusion is: Chewie was worried what lando might say about ylesia, and lando was angry, but he forgot all that when he saw his oooooooold buddy again. no matter when what was thaught up, it fits perfectly.

Jedieb
Jul 26th, 2000, 07:34:28 AM
I think the EU authors tried very hard to fit Bria into the ANH & ESB storylines. I think Aprentize is right, Han and Chewie are talking about Bria's double cross and her betrayal of Lando and the smugglers. Remember, Bria double crossed Lando and all those other smugglers when she took off with all the loot and gave it to the rebellion. So in the EU world, that double cross is probably what Lando is pretending to act so pissed about. But in GL's mind, it could be anything. Lucas doesn't direct the EU, and he can change and disregard any part of it.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 26th, 2000, 10:04:32 AM
still have no clue who bria tharen is...

Jedieb
Jul 26th, 2000, 08:49:29 PM
She's Han's girlfriend in the latest Han Solo trilogy that came out about a year ago. It follows Han through his childhood, his Academy days, his early smuggling career, and leads right up to the Cantina meeting with Ben and Luke. I thought they were some of the better EU novels.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 26th, 2000, 11:46:55 PM
hmm! interesting! shows how much attention i pay to the EU! Thanks!