PDA

View Full Version : Remember old silly rumors.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 28th, 2000, 08:28:12 PM
Do you guys remember any rumors about TPM that were so utterly ridiculous you couldn't help laughing? Or any rumor that may have had you going for a while?

I remember a rumor stating that there was going to be no opening crawl, because it was the first episode. And that there wasn't going to be a classical music soundtrack. How lame were those????

Atreyu
Jul 28th, 2000, 09:34:43 PM
I remember a rumour that said Yoda would be played by Charlton Heston - somehow. :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 28th, 2000, 11:28:25 PM
That one actually made it into magazines! How could that one have ever gotten any serious attention?

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 28th, 2000, 11:58:11 PM
I read one that said that Liam Nesson was going to be yoda, something about the Emperor turning him into what we saw in EP V.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 29th, 2000, 12:06:48 AM
:lol:
Are you serious???? I think there was alot of beers going around during the creation of that rumor!

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 29th, 2000, 12:17:09 AM
I read in Cinescape, there was another rumor in that magazine that said that Obi-Wan was going to be piloting the Falcon with Jar Jar as his co-pilot.

Bromine
Jul 29th, 2000, 12:44:22 AM
Tf.n had a big write-up about Eeth Koth (The Jedi with the breathing mask and stuff) was this cyborg-type Jedi, and he was going to be like Boba Fett: a minor character that looked so cool he became a favorite with fans. I think he had all of, what, 3 seconds on-screen?
If you search through Tf.n's archives, you can find all sorts of crazy rumours they got all excited about.

RHJediKnight
Jul 31st, 2000, 03:34:40 AM
Ahem, the one with the breathing mask was Plo Koon. Eeth Koth was the one with horns on his head, he's a Zabrak like Darth Maul.

Bromine
Jul 31st, 2000, 10:40:43 AM
Whoops, my bad. You'd think I could remember his name, considering he's in Jedi Power Battles!