PDA

View Full Version : SITH HISTORY MIX UP.

Aprentize
Aug 4th, 2000, 04:26:03 PM
Okey, im not sure about this, but i think the sith histories goes like this.

OLD HISTORY: Couple of dark jedi discovers the race SITH, and enslaves them, there by they are "lords of the sith". then they are destroyed, but naga sadow leads them to Yavin 4, and makes them massassi warriors. But all are killed in the Sith War. I think its something like that.

HISTORY CREATED FOR EP1: A jedi falls to the dark side and starts a cult devoted to the dark side, and they are called SITH. There are about fifty when the start to get paranoid and power hungry and they destroy themselfs with sith civil wars. They are thought destroyed but Dart Bane made sure only two existed at a time. No one knew about the two, though.

This is weird, because KiAdiMundi says "The sith have been extinkt for millenia" or something, but Yoda knows that "always two there are, no more, no less". How the HECK can yoda know this?!!!!!! i dont get it. AND, in history 2, the sith destroyed themself, without help of the jedi, but Darth Maul wants revenge anyway. Just dont fit, does it....
Any comments?

Bromine
Aug 4th, 2000, 04:47:35 PM
Go to the official site and look in the "Ask the Jedi Council" section. Look through the previous questions. There's one dealing with this and they explain the entire history of the Sith, incorporating all the EU stuff. What I gather is that it's essentially ALL true, because the Sith rose and fell several different times. Check it out yourself, though. It's a very good summary.

Doc Milo
Aug 5th, 2000, 02:14:42 PM
But it is a good question on how Yoda knows about the 2 rule. According to the novelization (where we hear about Bane) Bane created the two rule to stop the Sith from destroying themselves with in-fighting. They remained in hiding until Sidious/Palpatine made his move in TPM, until Darth Maul "revealed [The Sith] to the Jedi." In the novelization, we learn the two rule not from Yoda, but from Sidious/Palpatine, in his "review" of Sith History.

The only thing I can think of is that Lucas wanted that information to come out, and Yoda was the vehicle he used to do it, because he wanted the keep the Sith a mystery, to keep them a "phantom menace" so he didn't have much information come from Sidious or Maul.

Now, speculation on how Yoda could know -- perhaps in his adventures he discovered a Sith Holocron with a message from Darth Bane -- thus he always knew the possibility of the Sith still existing a realistic possibility. Or maybe he encountered one before. Both possibilities, especially since he was the only one on the Jedi Council that did not immediately dismiss Qui-Gon's assertion that he had encountered a Sith Lord. While everyone else was saying, "that's impossible" or "the Sith could not have returned without us knowing" Yoda said, "Difficult to see the Dark Side is."

The other history, like Bromine said. Check out Ask the Jedi Council. I like the way they incorporated all the histories together (and I was one who previously asserted that the Sith History was Lucas' first EU victim) :)

Oh, yeah, and about Maul wanting revenge: According to the novelization, the Sith destroyed themselves under the watchful eyes of the Jedi -- they destroyed themselves while they were fighting a war against the Jedi. The Jedi let them destroy themselves, then wiped out whoever was left.