PDA

View Full Version : STAR WARS BOOKS........WHERE TO START?? HELP !

87FOXGT
Aug 6th, 2000, 11:46:23 PM
Im trying to figure out where to start reading! Any of you that have read alot of SW books i'd appreciate if you could point me in a direction of which book(s) to read that would be a follow up to episode 6 after the fall of the empire and so forth. It just seems like theres so many series of books out there i dont know where would be the perfect place to start to continue in an ep 7 book. Any help would e greatly appreciated. Also if you can point out where i can get my hands on any of your recommendsations that would rock ! Thanks dudes!

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 7th, 2000, 12:09:29 AM
It depends on how you would rather read it, if you want to start with the best book I would go with the Heir to the Empire trilogy and then work my way around to the others. If you want to read about the events that take place immediately after the Battle of Endor I go with Truce at Bakura which picks up right after the battle.

Bromine
Aug 7th, 2000, 03:47:57 AM
I second Heir to the Empire trilogy. You can read it without needing any other books for background information, and it's also the best series, IMO. Introduces a lot of characters referred to elsewhere.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 7th, 2000, 09:17:17 AM
If you want to start with the events right after ROTJ, get The Truce at Bakura, but be warned, IT SUCKS!!!

JediWilliam
Aug 7th, 2000, 10:37:32 AM
Go out and buy Vector Prime but do not read it. In the front of the book is a list of all the star wars books in Chronological (spelling?) order.