PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Insider

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 5th, 2000, 06:48:17 PM
I recently picked up the new Star Wars Insider with Hayden Christensen. In the insider they discuss how EP II is going. They talk to McCallum and also Production designer Gavin Bocquet. In the discussion the inteviewer asks Gavin, "Do you get the chance to see any of the rumors about Episode II on the Internet?" Gavin responds, "Yes, I do and I must say that everything I have read on the Web about where the storyline is going is very funny. I have not read anything that is anywhere close to what the actual story is. I don't know where people get this information. I, and a few other people, know now a fair amount of information about what will happen, but it is great that we will surprise fans with the actual storyline." So, unless he is lying, I guess we can scrap every story rumor we have read on the internet. The question I have, is does this include every rumor, like the things involving Boba Fett, personally I hope this is the case, I would rather go into the next film not knowing what is going to happen.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 5th, 2000, 09:21:46 PM
I wouldn't expect them to say anything else. Could you ever imagine anyone from lucasfilm saying "Yeah, actually the fans are really clever, they've pretty much nailed it, they just don't know the details." I recall them also saying the same thing for TPM, and alot of fans made some great speculations as to what was going to happen. I'm not surprised at all by this comment.

87FOXGT
Aug 6th, 2000, 11:17:33 PM
i think george lucas would behead the person that said "oh yeah theyre right on the money". I think alot of speculation that goes on in this forum could be right on but lucasfilm cant admit that because that would kill alot of the hype for the film. THough id still go to see it even if i had a copy of the script to read over and over hehe :)

Bromine
Aug 7th, 2000, 03:40:00 AM
I agree, he probably wouldn't admit if any rumour was true. But even aside from that, all he said was that the rumours HE'S SEEN are way off. I highly doubt he's read half of the 1,000,000+ rumours out there. It's not like he read every single article at every single fan site and is now announcing they're all wrong.