PDA

View Full Version : New TPM DVD news!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 28th, 2000, 12:33:26 PM
This comes from E! Online:

I hear there's a very good reason Star Wars fans have been kept waiting for the Episode One DVD. How about literally hundreds of new effects and elements in nearly every frame? And sorry, Jar Jar Binks will not be digitally removed...

Sweet! I wonder if that means they'll stick in some more cool easter eggs?

Jidai Geki
Jul 28th, 2000, 02:42:17 PM
That's B---s--t. Lucas always says that he hasn't the time to give to the dvd project with the prequels under production. There is no way that I can see him using any of his ILM resources to add a bunch of new crap to each frame that only the geeks who watch it frame by frame would notice anyway. ILM is WAY too busy with Ep.II to be adding anything to a dvd version.

Bromine
Jul 28th, 2000, 04:18:11 PM
Considering it's only been a year since the movie, I'm curious as to what new effects they could add. It's not like the Special Editions where they were updating the effects by about 20 years. I'm sure there's going to be something worthwhile, but "hundreds of new effects and elements in every frame"? What the heck are they going to put in??

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 28th, 2000, 08:22:41 PM
Yeah, hundreds seems a little excessive, doesn't it? maybe they mean alot of very subtle details that they thought of after the movie was released. maybe something else cool to look for. I bet it's nothing staggering though...

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 8th, 2000, 08:23:47 AM
Here's more bs for you all to mull over! Enjoy! :)

The Episode I DVD is most definitely in the works. With all the extras included, expect the 2 disc set to clock in at 6 hours. The DVD will have around 200 NEW effects shots where Lucas will add in shots that should have been there, shots that weren't completed by the movie release, and shots that needed cleaning up. The DVD will include a documentary, of course. One unique feature of the DVD is that you may have the option to watch Episode I in a version with no effects (just the blue screens), a version with just the animatics, or the whole completed version. These options are still up in the air and being discussed.

DarthAce
Aug 8th, 2000, 01:08:48 PM
That will be even better than the best dvd EVER "FightClub"!:)

Bromine
Aug 8th, 2000, 04:11:41 PM
Holy crap! That explains the wait!:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 8th, 2000, 05:39:34 PM
That would justify the wait...provided it were true....