PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS from E! Online

ReaperFett
Aug 11th, 2000, 04:32:36 PM
quite interesting:

the article rehashes several things we already know such as:

- Episode II is darker.
- We discover the stormtroopers are clones.
- It features a galactic war and the romance between Anakin and Amidala
- Fett's father is Jango Fett played by Temuera Morrison. Daniel Logan plays a younf Boba Fett.

The article also mentions old rumors about Obi-Wan possibly being a clone (which are VERY old and probably not true). But the following is interesting:

At the end of the movie, of course, is the moment we're all waiting for: when Anakin (Hayden Christensen) turns to the dark side and becomes the young Darth Vader. But I think you'll agree that his motives--at least at first--are pure. Anakin goes bad because he wants to be a hero and save the life of someone very, very close to him.
And while we're all wondering about Anakin's fate, another character we've always known as a good guy will betray the Rebel Alliance.

Now that last bit is interesting. Is this accurate? Who could it be?

Bromine
Aug 11th, 2000, 05:07:21 PM
There's a Rebel Alliance in Episode 2 or 3? Palpy sure seized power fast.:)
Were these rumours supposed to be just about Episode 2, or about 2 and 3? I thought it was definite that Anakin would become Vader at the end of 3. And like I said, I don't see the Rebellion starting in the prequels at all, let alone Episode 2.

Jonce
Aug 11th, 2000, 06:09:06 PM
Anakin will probably turn to the darkside at the end of E2 and Darth Vader in E3. And could the good guy who betrays the Alliance be Windu??

I think it would be more of a resistance group rather than the Alliance we know in the OT.

Joncehttp://www.geocities.com/angryroach/smilies/freak3.gif

Bromine
Aug 11th, 2000, 06:30:42 PM
Now that I've thought about it, I suppose that any group of people who opposes Palpy could be considered a "Rebel", since he is the official political power.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 11th, 2000, 07:48:17 PM
that's an interesting idea though. Anakin doesn't turn to the dark side because he's pissed at someone, or because he is seduced. He turns to evil because he thinks he can use it's power but not be consumed by the dark side. Maybe then when Vader says to Luke "Give yourself to the dark side, it is the only way you can save your friends", he's speaking from experience, he gave himself to the dark side and saved his friends, but could never go back to the light side.