PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys see that spoiler?

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 15th, 2000, 09:51:21 PM
Over on swfans.net main page? Incase you didn't here it is:

<font color="yellow">
Watto, who is low on cash after losing everything on the Podrace, has been forced to sell Shmi back to Gardulla. Gardulla kills Shmi, and Anakin returns home too late to prevent it. He gets angry and slays Jar Jar in a vicious rage.</font>

I don't know about this one...as it says, too good to be true?

Doc Milo
Aug 15th, 2000, 09:56:44 PM
That seems like a fan's rumor / wishful thinking.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 15th, 2000, 10:11:20 PM
The first part doesn't seem too far fetched, but the second part just seems a little too convenient, and rather abrupt!

Bromine
Aug 16th, 2000, 02:36:15 AM
I'm always suspicious of any "plot synopsis" rumours like this. In order to know what this guy claims he knows, he'd have to have read a lot of the script. And in that case, why can't he provide details? I mean, really, how do you find out something like that unless you know a lot about the movie? Did he see overhear some film crew discussing that Watto lost his money and sold Shmi, then he walked away for a coffe but came back in time to hear the bit about Shmi dying? Even if that happened, surely he would have heard DETAILS also!:)
I think REAL spoilers from the set will be stuff like "I managed to glance at the script for a second and I found out that Anakin curses and Mace Windu, then picks up the hypo-power-somethingorother, and then shoots at something before crossing the room. Enter someone with a funny name. That's all I saw." Or, "The set designers were discussing where to put the blue lamp for "Shmi's death scene"."