PDA

View Full Version : FAN script

Aprentize
Aug 16th, 2000, 12:23:23 PM
Okey, you just have to read this! I love it!
www.episodeii.com/ep2/fanfic.html (http://www.episodeii.com/ep2/fanfic.html)
Scroll down and download "Star Wars Episode 2: Mandate of Tyranny" by Wendy something.. Its nothin like other scripts youve read. Its original, creative, GOOD READING. Read it!
Thank you.

87FOXGT
Aug 16th, 2000, 10:43:44 PM
heh you know its weird you posted this RIGHT BEFORE i was about to. Ive read that as well and i was totally impressed with how good it is. Every character just seems so.....themselves and the battles and conflicts were written passionately. I especially loved the part where anakin sees padme on the battlefield and what happens afterwards.....shows his true strength with the force.......wont say anymore but i recommend everyone read this its GREAT ! (even though its fiction) :)

Aprentize
Aug 17th, 2000, 07:31:01 AM
Fox, wow, what a cooincident!
Okey, im writing spoiler stuff, so....

Yeah, that thing where he explodes the clones hearts are great! And the way Shmi dies, i like. Shmi and Ani can still have their reunion, and then she dies. And this thing about colonies being annihilated.... That IS the clone conflict! Thats so cool because it really takes place over a longer time and just isnt in some scenes.....
And the female sith. Her being cloned is a perfect idea.. I got the impression that the one fighting annie was the clone.. right?
And Annie when he says damn you, and damn the jedi, and that. It really was good cuz it describes annies future opinions about the jedi. i could go on like this forever, so i better quite while the server isnt crached. :)
What did you like fox? (and other readers...)

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 17th, 2000, 01:02:38 PM
I really think she did a good job of nailing the characters!

Aprentize
Aug 22nd, 2000, 02:51:37 PM
this topic is going over the edge. You guys really schould read it and say what you think...

87FOXGT
Aug 22nd, 2000, 09:48:01 PM
ive been meaning to reply to this further but so much has gone down in my life in the last week that i havent had the time/motivation. but now id like to reply so WARNING possible spoilers ahead..........

Reading this script had my complete attention from start to finish. and not just cause im a star wars geek :) it was because the characters and events were written in such great context with respect to how TPM was written. Each character had their own personality and traits and it was very well written from the first page to the last. I was truly impressed. I really liked reading the whole thing but among my favorite parts was when obi wan and anakin were sent to find the sith lord and after they got split up on the planet. The writing here was spectacular IMO. IT shows how Anakin still being the young jedi padawan is confident in his skills and begins to show some non jedi traits in his arrogant behavior when he first sees the sith apprentice. When she lights up her sabre and smiles at him he just points and says "who me?" while taunting her and not even drawing his lightsabre until the very last second. The battle was also very intense and i loved how he cut her hand off and then turned his back on her and obi wan had to stab her in the neck before she threw her sabre at anakin.

I was also very impressed with how jarjar was portrayed as still the goofy gungan yet in a more responsible and respectable way. great character development here.

OH and how could i forget when Anakin sees that Shmi has been shot and his rage overtakes him and he manages to move his saber at the speed of light and deflect the shots of and kill about 70 enemy soldiers as his master and others watched in amazement of his force ability.

Palpatine's continued rise to power was also portrayed excellently and the love story between anakin and padme was well written in showing how much his strong love for padme led him to quit his training to be with her.

ahh theres so much more i cant remember i think im going to go read the script again :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 22nd, 2000, 10:23:31 PM
We should send GL the script and tell him that this is the way to keep jar jar a clutz, but make him more mature! :)