PDA

View Full Version : Love on the set of EP2?

RHJediKnight
Aug 21st, 2000, 09:17:39 PM
Was checkin' out mrshowbiz.com when I found this little story. Enjoy.

<font color=red>Some of Hollywood's most durable couples (Annette Bening and Warren Beatty, Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell) have met and fallen in love on movie sets. Are young Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen next?

Rumors have it that the two are clocking in some extra practice for their Star Wars: Episode II love scenes.

The New York Post says word on the Australian set of Episode II is that the two 19-year-old co-stars are "crazy about each other." Together, Portman (Queen Amidala) and Christensen (Anakin Skywalker) portray the future parents of Luke and Leia in the franchise's second prequel.

Funny, you'd think 16-hour workdays in the dusty Australian outback would curb those hormonal jolts. Not to mention that Portman, a psychology major at Harvard, will likely return to her studies as soon as Episode II wraps its final shoots in Tunisia and Italy.

Christensen's spokesman, Robbie Kass, didn't witness any sparks between the photogenic pair. "I was on the set and heard those rumors, too, but I didn't see anything. … I don't think it's happening," he said.

Sounds convincing, eh? In the meantime, chew on this: If it weren't for the on-camera magnetism between Portman and Christensen, he'd still be a young punk on a little-known sitcom. Director George Lucas and his crew apparently thought Christensen was too young to play Anakin — that is, until he came in and screen-tested red-hot with the pretty actress.</font>

::whistles:: Interesting, yes?

ReaperFett
Aug 21st, 2000, 09:21:07 PM
Just think what would have happened if I hadnt turn down the part of Anakin eh? :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 21st, 2000, 09:23:07 PM
Can't he just settle for what he's getting on screen? He's gotta hog Natalie all tho himself. Selfish A-hole. No wonder he turns into Vader!

DvdJervs
Aug 21st, 2000, 10:57:12 PM
Funny, you'd think 16-hour workdays in the dusty Australian outback would curb those hormonal jolts.
Ummm, since when does Sydney qualify as the Australian outback? :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 21st, 2000, 10:58:37 PM
And what kind of red-blooded male get tired of being with Natalie Portman??????

RHJediKnight
Aug 22nd, 2000, 02:24:02 AM
Well, technically we're all blue blooded, so... :D

Bromine
Aug 22nd, 2000, 10:34:43 PM
DvdJervs - Good point! They're filming in a studio for cryin' out loud!

DvdJervs
Aug 24th, 2000, 03:33:28 AM
Not to mention that the 'outback' is like 1000 kms due west. :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 24th, 2000, 10:25:23 AM
1000kms? Whatever! That's nothing!
*end sarcasm*