PDA

View Full Version : Lord help us all!!!!!

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 24th, 2000, 12:21:33 AM
For those who like to read waaaaaay too much into how the OT relates to the prequels, check out this site:
www.aldera.net/theories_index.html (http://www.aldera.net/theories_index.html)

I know Bromine particularly get a kick out of this one! Gotta give them credit for trying though! I can't believe the extent they go to!

Bromine
Aug 24th, 2000, 12:52:51 AM
Theories, eh? Well, maybe it will be interesting. Let's see here...

AAuugh!! LORD HELP US ALL!!!!

Now, I really hate to bash someone who's just having fun with speculation, so I hope whomever wrote the theories doesn't take these personally. I understand that it's all just in fun. However, that being said...

PREPARE TO FACE BROMINE'S EMPTY-THEORIES BLASTER OF DOOM!!

First contestant: Gardulla the Hutt: "Since Gardulla the Hutt isn't around in the time
of A New Hope, it's obvious something happened to her. I don't have much to base this on,
but I am guessing was killed when Anakin returns to free the slaves."
How do we know Gardulla the Hutt isn't around in the time of ANH? Because she wasn't in the movie? By this theory, Jabba was the only surviving Hutt, and Owen is the only moisture farmer. Gardulla could still be living happily on Tattooine for all we know.
**BLAST!!**

Aurra Sing: Gotta love this one. Since Palpy knows about Anakin, Aurra must be on Tattooine because she was sent to watch over him. And if Palpy sent Aurra to watch over Anakin, that proves that he knows about him! Great circular reasoning. I mean, it could be true, but there ain't even any facts here.
**KABOOM!!**

Bromine
Aug 24th, 2000, 01:06:34 AM
Okay, now the good stuff: Although many of the theories suffer from the same unimaginative nature as most theories out there, they are well represented. The Dagobah/Naboo point-counterpoint is especially well done. Overall a neat site.

One more thing that bugs me: Is anyone else sick of people pointing out the blatantly obvious similarity between the horned Jedi Council member and Darth Maul? I've heard so many people talk like they've made some big discovery that totally eluded everyone else.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 24th, 2000, 01:21:40 AM
Do you notice that they factor in alot of EU stuff into their theories?

I love this one! Talk about taking stuff way too literally! This is about Darth Maul:

<font color="yellow">
Will Darth Maul return in Episode II?
No. He won't. He's dead.

However, there is an arguement that holds some validity which indicates why people might think that Maul will return. In a Star Wars video game called Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, one of the villains (named Maw) floats around on a machine because he was cut in half.

The following quote is from the manual to Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight:

Maw:

Only a profound anger and the dark side of the Force have enabled a creature like Maw to live. He was cut in half by Rahn, and what was left was a heavily-muscled levitating incarnation of rage. If you hit him several times in a row, he goes beserk in a spinning and circling motion. He also throws things, almost anything he can find.

Additionally, qui-gon says, "He was well trained in the Jedi Arts." JEDI ARTS? i thought he was a sith yet he is trained in the Jedi Arts? how can this be? because he was not trained solely as a sith he was trained as a Jedi by master windu as an aprentice for darth sidious. like you said on the boba feet theory page, which i believe is right on btw, "EVERY scene in every (well-written) screenplay has meaning." this leads me to believe that this is a clue to the connection between windu's suspect lightsaber and maul. see anh again...its loaded with clues to esb and rotj. we know that lucas loves this stuff so its very possible.</font>

And I've just started reading these things! I think it's good comic relief actually!

Bromine
Aug 24th, 2000, 02:33:08 AM
"EVERY scene in every (well-written) screenplay has meaning."
Meaning: yes. Stuff that ties in with a sequel/prequel? No.:)

I still can't get over the Gardulla the Hutt thing: There must be a few HUNDRED characters that had as much screen time as her in TPM and were never seen in the prequels. Does that mean ALL of them have to die?;)

As for the Sith Witch rumour, it's not true because it was invented by fans before any confirmation existed, just like Leo playing Anakin. In fact, I remember we discussed the subject here shortly after TPM. Someone (might have been me) said a female Sith would be a nice switch. I highly doubt we blindly guessed correctly.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 24th, 2000, 10:54:27 AM
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sure speculation is half the fun of waiting for Episode 2, but why does every rumor have to do with people relating to one another?????????? This is ridiculous now!

<font color="yellow">Since the announcement on Monday, we've received quite a few pieces of fan mail suggesting that Thompson has been cast to portray the father of Owen Lars on Tatooine. We are already well aware that Owen Lars was a moisture farmer on Tatooine in prior to, and during Episode IV. Now that Lucas has rolled back the clock, so to say, it's very possible that Owen will not be the only male Lars to see screen time in Episode II.

Reader Sedr1ss seems to think that the Official Site is indirectly leading us to this conclusing by only describing Thompson as a 'modest farmer,' and not revealing much more information. In addition, several so-called spy reports on other sites have stated that Owen Lars will be revealed as Anakin's stepbrother.

While it does sound interesting, I'm not buying into the entire step-brother train of thought. It is possible that Owen's father could have been involved with Shmi Skywalker between Episode's I and II, but it's a little far fetched.

Stay tuned folks, hopefully more information on this topic will be released and we can put the rumor mill to rest.

</font>

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 24th, 2000, 01:50:38 PM
And they just keep coming! I haven't read a worse one yet!

<font color="yellow">I've got a better Boba Fett theory. The producer said we find out who Fett is and it's shocking. People took that to mean that we already met Fett. What I think it means is that Fett is related to people we already know. The fact that Morrison and that kid are both Maori is a red herring. Making Fett the son of another Bounty Hunter named Fett is not shocking and too pedestrian. Remember that Jimmy Smits has an ethnic look that is similar to Morrison and the kid, meaning the kid could actually be Prince Bail Organa's son instead. Making Fett, Leia's foster brother!</font>

Aprentize
Aug 24th, 2000, 01:51:58 PM
I really have agree with some of you saing that just because a character isnt in OT, doesnt mean he gets killed. I've had this discussion with my irl friends a thousand times. Just like that gardulla thing. So, shes not in OT. why oh why would she be dead. Its so ridicoulos.

Doc Milo
Aug 24th, 2000, 02:31:28 PM
Part of the quoted theory:Additionally, qui-gon says, "He was well trained in the Jedi Arts." JEDI ARTS? i thought he was a sith yet he is trained in the Jedi Arts? how can this be? because he was not trained solely as a sith he was trained as a Jedi by master windu as an aprentice for darth sidious. like you said on the boba feet theory page, which i believe is right on btw, "EVERY scene in every (well-written) screenplay has meaning." this leads me to believe that this is a clue to the connection between windu's suspect lightsaber and maul. see anh again...its loaded with clues to esb and rotj. we know that lucas loves this stuff so its very possible.

Is it me or is this person looking way too much into "he was trained in the Jedi arts." I always assumed Qui-Gon meant he was trained in the Force. The Jedi and the Sith are the same "art" but different aspects of it, no? Just because Maul was said to have been "trained in the Jedi arts" doesn't mean he was "trained as a Jedi" but "trained to use the Force."

Bromine
Aug 24th, 2000, 04:23:39 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. He was trained in the same type of fighting arts that Jedi are trained in. It doesn't mean he was trained AS a Jedi.
I think some fans are going to be VERY disappointed when they see Episode 2 and discover it's a new and original movie, and not just a collection of existing characters and their families.:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 24th, 2000, 05:36:42 PM
Can you even fathom that one? Fett is Leia's foster brother?
You're right Bromine, a great many fans will be disappointed when they realize that the galaxy consists of more than just 1 HUGE-ASS extended family.

87FOXGT
Aug 24th, 2000, 09:52:52 PM
ive gotta LOL when i hear some of the stuff thats flying around. everyone seems to want to link every last little damn character to someone for some strange reason.

BUT there is a positive side to this. With all this speculating, i think it only takes us farther from whats in store in episode 2. which i think will lead many people to be pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed when they see some things they never saw comin in ep 2 (and 3 for that matter)

ohhh yeahh by the way ####SPOILER#####

MY UNCLES AUNTS BROTHERS BEST FRIENDS PASTORS SISTERS MOTHERS SMARTEST PIG SAID THAT JABBA IS ANAKINS FATHER'S MOTHERS BROTHERS SISTERS COLLEGE ROOMMATE !! WOWWEEEEE!!! BIIIIIG NEWS!!

lol sorry couldnt help myself.

Just wait and see though guys. Ep 2 will be awesome and i dont think it will be close to what alot of these rumors are leading people to beleive it will be.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 24th, 2000, 11:40:44 PM
I hope not! And I hope the spoilers are few and far between, because I can't help myself whenever I see one!

Doc Milo
Aug 25th, 2000, 02:13:18 PM
I am now making an official request of GL to change John Williams SW Theme to "We Are Family."

I can see it now:

"A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..."

A vast sea of stars serves as the backdrop for the main title. War drums echo through the heavens as a roll-up slowly crawls into infinity.

STAR WARS: EPISODE II: JAR JAR's BIG ADVENTURE

(The opening song begins to play. "We are family. My brothers and my sisters and me...")

:)

ReaperFett
Aug 25th, 2000, 04:23:22 PM
STAR WARS 2: Family Affairs
it is a time of war, hate, and SOUL!

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 25th, 2000, 04:39:02 PM
Then at the end, Carl Winslow will come in and give a speech about family.

Bromine
Aug 25th, 2000, 05:05:21 PM
I still think they should all go on Jerry Springer! (I'm still trying to get a script finished on that)