PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Owen spoiler

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 20th, 2000, 06:40:37 PM
It's not that big, nothing we haven't really figured out ourselves...

<font color="yellow">
Owen is indeed Obi-Wan's brother and that Owens real name is, in fact, Owen-lars Kenobi, a surname he was forced to drop when he went in to hiding from the Emperor's Jedi hunt.
</font>

See? Nothing major.

Padawan Cannoli
Aug 20th, 2000, 09:27:43 PM
Where'd you get that info.?

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 20th, 2000, 09:45:28 PM
Right here. Great little site, always with cool speculation and spoilers: www.sevaan.com/starwars/ (http://www.sevaan.com/starwars/)

Bromine
Aug 22nd, 2000, 10:39:09 PM
But if Owen had to change his last name to hide from the Emporer, how come Obi-Wan didn't? (He was using the name "Old Ben Kenobi".)

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 22nd, 2000, 11:05:20 PM
Maybe he figured he'd just hide away so that he wouldn't have to change. It is a good question though. It's like Owen says: "That's wizard's just a crazy old hermit". Or something like that.

EP5GRAFLEX
Aug 25th, 2000, 04:24:11 AM
Ben wasn't very upset when It was apparent his 'brother' and his wife were slaughtered and grilled by Stormtroopers.

Check out my band!:)
Jedi-Rocker

www.mp3.com/happyendings (http://www.mp3.com/happyendings)

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 25th, 2000, 09:30:53 AM
Unless he knew it was coming. Maybe they weren't on good terms to begin with.

Doc Milo
Aug 25th, 2000, 01:25:22 PM
I was just thinking about Ben not appearing upset at the death of his brother, and I'd like to point out: how do we know he wasn't?

Luke takes off in his land speeder. Obi-Wan calls after him, "Don't Luke, it's too dangerous!" Then we leave Obi-Wan for the length of time that it takes Luke to get back home, see the destruction, and return to where he'd left Obi-Wan.

That's a pretty long time where we don't see Obi-Wan at all. What if, in that time, he senses through the Force that his brother is dead, and grieves for him, but knows that he has a larger role to play, now, so he pulls himself together to present a strong facade when Luke returns. Privately he grieves for his brother, but he doesn't show it outwardly...

Bromine
Aug 25th, 2000, 04:29:51 PM
Yeah, plus he didn't exactly seem overjoyed, either. When he was consoling Luke, he sounded pretty sad. (Although, he didn't rip his robe apart and scream, "NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!")

Dann
Aug 25th, 2000, 10:38:10 PM
I think he already knew while Luke was running to his speeder and that's why Ben didnt want him to go, 'cause he already knew what happened to them.
:(

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 26th, 2000, 12:12:03 AM
Jedi always have been able to see the future...