PDA

View Full Version : New cast includes mon mothma

monmothmanabberrie
Aug 22nd, 2000, 06:31:03 PM
The latest casting update includes Claudia Karvan, who appears to be the woman
from the "On Location 2" intro, also rumored to be Padme's sister. She also
looks ALOT like a young Mon Mothma...

Here is a comparison:
fan.starwars.com/Jedi/mon.html (http://fan.starwars.com/Jedi/mon.html)

-JEDIMASTERYODA

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 22nd, 2000, 10:16:30 PM
Interesting...

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 23rd, 2000, 10:29:24 AM
I don't think we will see mon mothma in EP 2, I am sure she will be in three, and certainly she will not be Amadiala's sister. She was a senator from the planet Chandrila I think the ROTJ novelization tells us that. I read on the forcenet that Amadila's sister is only going to be in one or two scenes and they were speculating it was going to be her wedding.

Bromine
Aug 23rd, 2000, 04:04:35 PM
I think we're falling into the trap again of thinking everyone's related. I highly doubt Mon Mothma is realated to Amidala. Just doesn't make much sense.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 23rd, 2000, 06:14:35 PM
I don't think its a case of not making sense as much as it is a case of it being completely unnecessary. What would be the point of making Mon Mothma related to Amidala? Just so that the entire galaxy is ruled by 1 family? The Empire by Anakin (although he isn't THE boss) And the rebellion headed by Amidala & her sisters? It's just not needed.

Doc Milo
Aug 23rd, 2000, 06:26:33 PM
I don't think its a case of not making sense as much as it is a case of it being completely unnecessary. What would be the point of making Mon Mothma related to Amidala? Just so that the entire galaxy is ruled by 1 family? The Empire by Anakin (although he isn't THE boss) And the rebellion headed by Amidala & her sisters? It's just not needed.

Combine this with the other rumors flying around that Palpatine/Sidious is Anakin's father (or creator) and you really do have the entire galaxy ruled by one family! :)

It's not a galaxy -- it's a huge intergalactic household! :)

(Complete with the "dark horses" of the family)

Bromine
Aug 23rd, 2000, 06:54:13 PM
Quite right, JMK. It wouldn't be neccessary at all, so it wouldn't make sense for them to write it that way.
I think people are really going overboard looking for all sorts of hidden connections. The last two movies are going to be full of new and interesting characters that will not need to rely on relationships to established characters; they will stand on their own.
As for the Emporer being Anakin's father, I think that's just another example of people hoping the prequels will be EXACTLY like the OT.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 23rd, 2000, 09:16:32 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but if they make palpy in any way responsible for the conception of Anakin, the entire saga will be ruined for me. Enough parallels have been drawn already, and I'm willing to bet that a few more minor ones (at least) will be made.

Darth McBain
Aug 28th, 2000, 11:15:56 AM
If too many more connections are made, this could end up looking like the Jerry Springer show.

"Well, Padme, it looks like you thought you knew everything about your husband Anak -err- Darth Vader, but we have yet another surprise for you. Backstage is your hubbie's father. Come on out, Palpy!!!" :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 28th, 2000, 12:54:45 PM
:lol: