PDA

View Full Version : this may not be in the right place..

LOOMIS DR
Sep 4th, 2000, 10:15:36 PM
but when star wars(ANH) was out in the 77-78 Did the women copy princess leias hair do(the buns)?
I wasnt really old enough to take notice.and have often wounderd about it.(ive got way to much free time)

jedi2/loomis dr

Bromine
Sep 4th, 2000, 10:18:21 PM
Good question. Although, every pic I see of someone with that hairdo (at cons, etc) besides Carrie Fischer looks really bad. No one can seem to get it right!

LOOMIS DR
Sep 4th, 2000, 11:12:29 PM
well I guess She is the only woman I know that can pull it off, It is a pretty awlful DO(doo?)I dont think even cindy crawford could pull it off.

jedi2/loomis dr

87FOXGT
Sep 5th, 2000, 12:19:36 AM
dont know wasnt born yet :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 5th, 2000, 09:18:34 AM
I don't know about then, but I would say yes. I know chics that do it now, but all they get is these little knobs on the sides of their heads. It looks ridiculous, I wish they wouldn't do it at all! But I appreciate the effort! :)

Bromine
Sep 5th, 2000, 07:07:56 PM
Anyone remember that lady from "The Fifth Element" that was rather fat and had the Leia hairdo?

EP5GRAFLEX
Sep 5th, 2000, 07:12:22 PM
The girl from Len, "If you steal my sunshine..." had a princess Leia Do in the video and several references were made in the song. however I just turned 29 and I can attest that everyone I knew when Star Wars first came out thought the Cinnimon Bun Hair Do was dorky.

Jedi-Rocker

Jedieb
Sep 5th, 2000, 07:36:18 PM
I'm just a bit older than EP5 and I have to concur. I don't ever recall ANYONE copying that hairstyle except to goof on it. It's not something anyone would have dared wearing to school.

mez7
Sep 6th, 2000, 08:59:11 AM
you guys have it all wrong it wasnt hair it was earmuffs,
remember she took them off in the mercedes

oh wait that was spaceballs, "move along nothing to see here" ;)