PDA

View Full Version : Dark Jedi...

Doc Milo
Sep 7th, 2000, 01:51:35 PM
I'd like to preface this post by saying that I never liked the term "Dark Jedi" to describe a force user that has fallen to the dark side and is not affiliated with any of the two organizations, Sith or Jedi. What exactly is a Dark Jedi? A Jedi is someone who uses the Force for the good of all, the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy. How can someone who does not believe that be considered a Jedi, even if you put "Dark" in front of it? But I did some thinking, and I came up with something I think has a chance to describe what a "Dark Jedi" may be. And it has to do with the Balance of the Force...

I wonder if part of the "symptoms" of having the Force out of balace will be the corruption of the Jedi Knights to the dark side. I'm not talking about a Padawan falling. I'm talking about a full-fledged Jedi Knight actually turning. And if that is the case, what better term than "Dark Jedi"? They wouldn't be someone non-affiliated, but a faction of Jedi that has broken away and believes they can use the Dark Side of the Force for good. Almost accepting that "the ends justifies the means." Meaning a "good" outcome would justify their use of the dark side.

Of course, the ends does not justify the means. And that would be a sign of the imbalance of the Force.... Thus Dark Jedi could be a sign -- a visual term -- that shows us the imbalance of the Force.

They would not be the same as a Padawan falling to the dark side, or a non-affiliated force sensitive like Aurra Sing... Those would still be considered Dark Warriors...(as we have seen them termed in TPM by the Jedi council...)

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 7th, 2000, 03:51:41 PM
Interesting theory, it's something that's been heavily debated, and I have no idea where I stand on the issue. I just hope that GL really clarifies the whole "dark jedi/sith" thing in the next 2 movies.

Bromine
Sep 7th, 2000, 08:07:08 PM
I believe GL has basically said things are going along those lines. When asked about the balance to the Force issue, he talked about a "greying of the Force" where Jedi were turning toward the Dark Side, or something like that. Makes sense.