PDA

View Full Version : STORMTROOPERS = CLONES?? WHY!!!!

Aprentize
Sep 8th, 2000, 11:27:41 AM
I have never even thought about it until lately when this hype around stormtroopers being clones appeared. I just think its ridiculous. Why bother on such a trivial thing. I just never bothered, or when i did, i thought that they were just troopers, being taken into the academy and being trained to be stormtroopers. Thats the most belivable i can think of. But now more and more evidence appear that seems to indicate that GL actually made them clones. I dont think its an important thing to bring up in the movie. Its just not important wether they are clones or people.

Im sure im gonna get a loooooooooot of critic for this, so BRING IT ON..... :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 8th, 2000, 11:55:57 AM
I think it's pretty logical that stormtroopers are clones. A cheap way to manufacture an unlimited number of troopers without the hassle of conscription.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 8th, 2000, 02:13:55 PM
I think it makes it perfect sense too. If Palpatine uses clones for his army he would have legions on legions of loyal while stupid troops to conquer the galaxy with, conscription would just take too long plus there would always be the possiblity of dissent among them.

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 8th, 2000, 04:02:09 PM
Yeah, stormtroopers are a dim-witted lot, as Obi Wan showed us. It would be absolutely critical for Palpy to have stupid troopers in order for there not to be an uprising against him.

Bromine
Sep 8th, 2000, 05:22:16 PM
Apprentize - True, it doesn't really matter when you watch the Original Trilogy whether the Stormtroopers are clones or whatever. It's not important to the plot. But I think the interesting thing is that this MIGHT be important in the prequels. If all there is is one line saying "the stormtroopers are clones", then you're right; who cares? It would be pointless. But, if the Clone Wars is a major part of Episode 2-3 and we discover that the stormtroopers would be created during this time and there's a whole story about it, then that's what I'm interested in.