PDA

View Full Version : Different casting

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 29th, 2000, 12:40:13 AM
I was reading an article about Leelee Sobieski and in it she said she was up for Queen Amidala but was turned down. This got me thinking about other candidates that Lucas turned downed before comming to the TPM cast. Of course we all know of the Kenneth Braunanen (SP) rumors regardless of how true they were. Then there was the story that originally Lucas wanted to go with an older actor for Qui-Gon, and one rumor had Charlton Heston as one of the candiates. ALso I remember reading on the Force net that Haley Joel Osment was up for Anakin. Does anybody else know of the other candidates or will most of these other candidates remain part of Star Wars legend like Christopher Walkin as Han solo and Sissy Spacic as Princess Liea.

Ben Carrozza
Sep 8th, 2000, 12:30:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that one of the actors up for the part of Qui-Gonn was Morgan Freeman. I read that he was up for the role of "a jedi master and mentor to both Kenobi and Skywalker". I think he would've been great -- although Liam Neeson was amazing.

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 8th, 2000, 12:47:51 PM
Freeman is a good actor, but I have trouble picturing him in jedi robes...I'm just happy that Neeson did it. He's awesome.

Jidai Geki
Sep 8th, 2000, 05:40:18 PM
Haley Joel Osment SHOULD have been Anakin! Why Lucas picked what's his face really surprises me. Osment is ten times the actor that Lloyd is. He would have been an inspired choice.

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 8th, 2000, 06:02:39 PM
Well, what's done is done. Lloyd is Anakin, and he was probably picked because he was a really cute kid.