PDA

View Full Version : More TPM DVD news, but a rumor...

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 9th, 2000, 08:07:45 PM
DVD item he found in the Official U.S. Playstation Magazine.

Although not officially confirmed by anyone at either Fox or Lucasfilm, we have managed to get our hands on some "top secret" information concerning the DVD releases of all four existing Star Wars movies. It's no secret that there is a team working on the project gathering together all the necessary stuff from ILM and THX, and it's also no secret that this team is working toward dates in November and December of this year. A reliable source recently told us that the titles were listed for release before Christmas and that we'll see Episode I followed by the original trilogy as individual movies, and as a box set before the end of the year.

I thought the releases were of the DVD's were for next year? Maybe this is b.s., but I felt compelled to let all my star wars fans know.

Bromine
Sep 9th, 2000, 09:33:39 PM
Maybe they meant to say before Christmas 2001, and before the end of THAT year? Seems we would have heard more about it by now if it's this year.

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 9th, 2000, 09:46:09 PM
Definetly, Lucasfilm like to have anything SW-related mega hyped!

Jedieb
Sep 9th, 2000, 11:03:25 PM
I don't even own a DVD player, but if there's anything that would make me buy one it would be a Star Wars DVD. But I think I'd rather wait until all 6 movies are done and GL puts together a big fat set of all 6 movies. I'm not buying 6 individual DVDs just so I can shell out big $$ and buy a huge box set months after EP3 is released. That's just me, a cranky old cheap bastard.