PDA

View Full Version : X-Entertainment Article on TPM

Bromine
Sep 11th, 2000, 12:41:56 AM
Yes, it kind of rips into TPM just a bit, but it's actually done in jest. Also, for every plot hole brought up, a logical explanation is given also, so you don't have to go and e-mail them your own explanation. It actually says a lot of stuff that I've been thinking, especially the part about Qui-Gon's communicator.
Really fun little article: www.x-entertainment.com (Warning: Foul language, blahblahblah.)

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 11th, 2000, 09:48:48 AM
Too funny! I like that article! What's even funnier is that I agree with the points for the most part!

Here's something I busted a gut over:
<font color="yellow">#2 - Times Change, And So Do Standards!
I always found it interesting that Yoda and Sammy J refused to allow Anakin to be trained. Why go through all the tests with him if you're only going to say that he's too old in the end? If it's that simple, someone should really look over the order of the questions on the Jedi trainee questionaire. 'How old are you?' shouldn't follow the six hours of guessing what picture Yoda's holding up.

Next, about taking out the droid control ship...
"They could've sent an Ewok up there in an escape pod and still come out on top."</font>
Like the article or not, it's pretty funny, and true at times!

Bromine
Sep 11th, 2000, 08:24:21 PM
I still haven't heard a good explanation as to why they put him through all those tests, when obviously they'd already decided. Unless, of course, his fear factored into the decision. (All they said to Qui-Gon was that he was too old)

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 11th, 2000, 09:58:39 PM
Maybe they wanted to find out for themselves just how strong he was. But you're right, there is no explanation for it.

EP5GRAFLEX
Sep 11th, 2000, 11:33:10 PM
Maybe Mace(SLJ) had a feeling that the little boy(Anakin) was going to grow up and get mid-evil on his asss! and Yoda had a funny feeling he was going to be banished to a
sh-ithole of a planet!

Who knows?!:rolleyes:

Jedi-Rocker