PDA

View Full Version : just saw the holiday special

mez7
Sep 9th, 2000, 12:24:38 PM
or as much as i could stand :p

boy it sucked so harshly, thier were so many bad things i dont know where to start,

the real long parts with nothing but 3 wookies talking, you cant tell what thier saying at all, kind of like watching a foreign film with out subtitles,

mark hammils makeup :p i think ill call him diva luke

the cartoon was ok, not great, could have been much better, boba was kind of cool and used his hip holster gun which ws neat,

special guest jefferson starship, diane carroll, and bea aurthur - nuff said bout that

how would something like this get made?,

and why in the world would harrison ford agree to do it unless

A- he had signed a contract during starwars ANH and didnt want to be sued for all he had,
b- Lucas has some dirty pics of him and blackmailed him into it,

dont watch this unless you have time to kill casue its not even funny to watch, just painfull,

ReaperFett
Sep 9th, 2000, 04:56:39 PM
No! Watch it!

Bromine
Sep 9th, 2000, 06:37:17 PM
That's the funny thing about TV specials that air only once: If the commercials for it are good, everyone watches it and it doesn't matter how bad it turns out to be!:)
Anyone know how many people watched it when it first aired?

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 9th, 2000, 06:56:53 PM
It's probably the worst thing I've ever seen! Luke's make-up was atrocious, and all the singing was stupid beyond belief. I can't explain to you why I watched it twice in 2 days. I'm so ashamed. :(

ReaperFett
Sep 9th, 2000, 06:59:38 PM
I mean, it made Titanic look, well, it made Titanic look terrible

Jedieb
Sep 9th, 2000, 11:11:43 PM
I saw it when it originally aired back in 77, it might have been 78, I'm not positive. I remember I was really excited about it and I liked it. Why? Because I was 7 and I didn't know any better. I was just thrilled to see Han, Chewie and some Stormtroopers. I haven't seen it since and I'm not sure I want to. Shudder...

Aprentize
Sep 11th, 2000, 11:15:07 AM
Boy have i always wanted to see it. i have read the script and seen some photos, but ive never seen the real thing. there was a post here a while ago with a link so that one could download the whole thing, but it just didnt work on my stupid cpu. anybody know where i could get a copy.... Didnt think so :(

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 11th, 2000, 11:25:18 AM
Trust us, you're way better off not seeing it. It will taint everything good and true about star wars. It is just pathetic. I know everyone wants to see it and make that judgement for themselves, but trust me, this time, you're one of the lucky ones for not seeing it! :)

Bromine
Sep 11th, 2000, 08:20:35 PM
Yeah, it's not FUNNY-bad like the 60's Batman movie, it's just LAME-bad like the 90's "Batman and Robin" movie. :)

mez7
Sep 12th, 2000, 10:14:49 AM
bromine that describes it perfectly :lol: