PDA

View Full Version : The name Bail Antilles of ALDERAAN bothers me!

WedgieAntilles
Sep 21st, 2000, 09:47:06 PM
I seem to remember Leia being the adaopted daughter of the Ruler of Alderaan, Bail Organna. He was a friend to Obi-Wan Kenobi and they fought side by side in the clone wars. Everyone knows this.

In TPM the ruler of Alderaan was named Bail Antilles, and I thought this to be a MAJOR screw up on George Lucas's part. For those of us that have read the books Captain Antilles (Wedge) is Corellian, so the name Antilles would be out of place on Alderaan.

If someone has more info on this (sore) subject please share it so I can feel confident in Lucas's motives.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 22nd, 2000, 02:12:10 AM
First off, Captain Antilles from ANH was not coreillian but was from Alderaan. Wedge Antilles was from from Coreilla and they are not related. Bail Antilles was just a minor character in TPM, in fact Bail Organa was suposed to be in the movie but his scenes were cut and he is in the next movie played by Jimmy Smits. I have a feeling that Bail is title, and I guess we will have to wait for the next movie to find out.

Grendel 666
Sep 22nd, 2000, 03:58:52 AM
You're "terribly vexed" aren't you? :)

I think JMC is probably right and Bail might turn out to be a title, much as Darth turned out to be.

Bromine
Sep 22nd, 2000, 05:07:51 PM
No one said he was the ruler of ALderaan, either. Palpy wasn't the ruler of Naboo, yet he was eligible to be Supreme Chancellor.

Two people just happen to have the same name, or title. Nothing special.

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 22nd, 2000, 05:50:59 PM
Also, like someone said, Antilles could be the galactic equivalent of Jones or Smith or something.

RHJediKnight
Sep 22nd, 2000, 06:47:06 PM
Yeah, and Bail could be the Alderaan equivalent of like John or Tom...