PDA

View Full Version : BIG SPOILERS !

87FOXGT
Sep 27th, 2000, 02:59:43 PM
SPOILER WARNING
"The first battle is between Jango Fett and Obi-Wan and it takes place on the landing platform with Slave-1 (with young Boba Fett inside) nearby. This is the widely speculated rain battle scene. It involves alot of martial arts and grappling and a section that makes it look VERY Matrix-like indeed.

"The second battle is much more complicated. It occurs in and around a huge arena. There is a new major character in this scene as well and a new Alien Species and a new type of Droid. Jango Fett is involved in this scene also. This scene will be heavy on CGI effects with thousands of Droids and quite a few of the new Alien species. There are alot of Jedi also. And best of all, Mace Windu REALLY demonstrates why he is classed together with Yoda.."

i dont know if i should beleive it or not, but after reading the full sequences on naboo online i hope it is cause those scenes sound AWESOME. probably be some of the best duels we will ever see in SW! what do u guys think? only thing that has me worried is i dont like the sound of "looks very matrix like indeed". i dont know how that will look in a SW movie but i still think the scenes are cool as hell ! thoughts? comments?

ReaperFett
Sep 27th, 2000, 03:44:30 PM
section that makes it look VERY Matrix-like indeed.
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO!

THE MATRIX IS OVERRATED! IT WILL RUIN STAR WARS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bromine
Sep 27th, 2000, 04:03:57 PM
If there's any "bullet-time", I'm leaving the theatre.
I'm hoping that's not what it means. Nowadays, any cool action scene is called "Matrix-like".

This spoiler could be on the money, although it sounds a little too much like what the fans WANT to hear. (Big fight between Jango and Obi-Wan). I can't see how a Jedi fighting any regular person would be remotely interesting to watch.

Darth Hez
Sep 27th, 2000, 04:58:39 PM
Depends on how this mandalorian armour thing turns out. But for the most part I would agree, any out and out battle between a Jedi and a regular person would be brief, to say the least. If it does happen I would see it as a much more sneaky thing than standing toe to toe and slugging it out. Maybe Jango Fett sneaking around trying to shoot Obi-wan, but that doesn't exactly sound climactic or anything.

Why leave the theatre if there's any bullet time? Can it only be used for Matrix films? Thats like saying "If there's any CGI I don't want to see it, what a Star Wars rip-off". I can't see him using it anyway.

ReaperFett
Sep 27th, 2000, 05:04:02 PM
apart from the fact that bullet time is an overhyped, overrated rip-off from a GAP advert, it is good :)

Jidai Geki
Sep 27th, 2000, 05:11:45 PM
I think it sounds pretty awesome. You guys have got to stop slamming the Matrix simply because it spanked TPM both critically and awards-wise. Matrix was a fantastic film with a great story, that when you stop and think about it, is quite similar to that of Star Wars. And Lucas didn't invent that story, he just repackaged it. It sounds like a fun idea and will look pretty amazing on-screen. I also don't think anyone need worry about any "bullet-time" stuff. Don't go gray worrying about it.

ReaperFett
Sep 27th, 2000, 05:18:31 PM
clap-trap. Can't I have the opinion that the Matrix is rubbish. It rips off Blade, for Pete's sake! I dont care what critics think, I dont care about awards. I care about what I think, and I think that the Matrix was an absolut shoddy film, with so many bad points I would need a new keyboard after finishing typing.

Oh yeah, it isn't Matrix's great story, it is Dark City's or Blades great story

Bromine
Sep 27th, 2000, 05:42:45 PM
I'm not objecting to the whole technology of using multiple cameras to create the illusion of moving around in frozen time, just the specific stunts that will always be associated with the Matrix. They looked cool in the Matrix, but to simply re-use the same type of stunts in Episode 2 would be corny.
It depends on how it's used, of course. If someone pulls themselves out of time and starts running around, that could be neat, but if they copy the signature Matrix-stunts like bending backwards as bullets/blasts slowly fly by, that would be corny.

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 27th, 2000, 05:51:56 PM
Cancel that silly talk. GL is going to stick the formula he has always used for his films. There is nothing shocking about the way the movies are made, except for the cutting edge technology. The camera work is always straight forward, and it has been applied to 4 movies now. Changing the way the movies are shot will just change the way the movies flow, and he won't do that. Bromine is right, anything with cool effects or cool actions is referred to as Matrix-esque now. GL doesn't give a s*it about that stuff.

Bromine
Sep 27th, 2000, 05:56:41 PM
That's it exactly; it would just seem so out of place to start doing fight scenes like the Matrix when we've already seen Star Wars-style fights.