PDA

View Full Version : Check this out

jtsteph1093
Oct 31st, 2000, 01:25:07 PM
I was at Target today with my 5 year old son. We were looking at the new Star Wars figures when I noticed something. Obi Wan is packaged With Qui-Gon's lightsaber. I guess I never thought much about it until now. Is Obi Wan going to use Qui-Gon's Lightsaber in EII?

Jedi Master Kyle
Oct 31st, 2000, 02:42:16 PM
It depends. It's a theory that's been tossed around for awhile. People think it
would be a fitting tribute to Qui-gon in episode 2. But it could also just be a
version of Obi-Wan from the end of TPM, which I think is a more reasonable
explanation.

Jedieb
Oct 31st, 2000, 07:12:26 PM
The figure is suppose to represent Obi-Wan at the end of TPM but they screwed up his hair, the braid should have been removed. This got me to thinking, maybe Obi-Wan will pass on Qui-Gon's saber to Obi-Wan. I know Jedis are suppose to make their own, but it would be interesting to see Anakin end up with it and then Obi-Wan could go ahead and make his ANH saber. Just a thought.

Jedi Master Kyle
Oct 31st, 2000, 08:07:27 PM
I hope we see Obi Wan's saber from ANH in episode 2. I mean,how many sabers does he really have to lose??

Darth Hez
Nov 3rd, 2000, 12:52:25 AM
Plus you have to ask yourself, would they really be releasing new toys almost 2 years before the movie is due out? No, anything that is released between now and maybe 3 months beforehand is episode 1 related.

I don't think Obi-wan would pass Qui-gons saber down to Anakin. Sort of defeats the point of every Jedi building their own. At best you will see Anakin with a saber with a striking resemblance to Qui-gons, as a mark of respect.