PDA

View Full Version : Grand Moff Tarkin

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 11th, 2000, 06:55:38 PM
I want to get everybody's opinion on this do you think Tarkin will show up in EP 2 or 3. I would like to see him in 2 but I doubt it will happen. I figure most likely he will show up in 3 with the rise of the empire and we will see why we see him holding Vader's leash in ANH.

Ash Longbaugh
Dec 11th, 2000, 07:10:47 PM
in 3 definately, hopefully played by Dougray Scott(Please!), Chris Walken or Ralph Fiennes

-ReaperFett

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 11th, 2000, 07:15:39 PM
Walken is a little tall for the part. I think Fiennes would work. How about Gabriel Byrne he was rumored for a role for months and he does look like a young Peter Cushing

Ash Longbaugh
Dec 11th, 2000, 07:21:12 PM
Possible, but I think Byrne wouldn't be 'right' as an Imp. A Sith, yes, but not an Imp

Jedi Master Kyle
Dec 11th, 2000, 08:01:29 PM
I would love Byrne as Tarkin, but I would be just as happy with Fiennes.

Hart Kenobi
Dec 11th, 2000, 10:33:39 PM
It would be pretty cool to see some of the Imperials as youngies.

Bromine
Dec 13th, 2000, 03:10:21 AM
I originally was going to say I doubt we'll see him and I don't really want to see him, but on second thought it's become apparent that the prequels will be full of original trilogy characters, so I wouldn't be surprised if we did see Tarkin.
On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't show him. He's a high ranking officer in ANH, but he's not one of the very top brass, from what I understand.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2000, 04:19:46 AM
According to the Star Wars Encylopedia Tarkin was, "in charge of the Empire's most importatn sectors and reported only to the Emperor." He is basically the second in-command and oddly enough they mention that he "toyedwith deposing of the emperor and taking over as emperor." I think there is clear evidence in ANH that he is high ranking because even Vader obeys him which is something of feat itself. I still think we will see him in EP 3 when the empire begins to rise and Tarkin will be an Admiral and by the end of the film he will become a Governor.

Jedi Master Kyle
Dec 14th, 2000, 09:57:30 AM
Agreed. I think in ANH he's right up there, and I do think we'll see him at some point in the prequels, as said, as a general, admiral or something else. I wouldn't mind seeing him run his own star destroyer and watch him wreak havok on some star systems or other fleets. It would give us a chance to see why the emperor appointed him grand moff.