PDA

View Full Version : EP 2 Plot on the net

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 29th, 2000, 02:18:45 PM
I just read this story on the Internet Movie Database

Only days after LucasFilm announced officially on its Star Wars Web site that a rough cut of Episode 2 has been completed, a detailed, 2800-word summary of what purports to be the plot of the movie has been unofficially posted on the Internet (www.starwars2x.com/plot.html). (http://www.starwars2x.com/plot.html).) The summary not only contains sequence-by-sequence details but also comments by the anonymous writer about special-effects scenes that are unlikely to have been completed (e.g.: "One of the most exciting chase sequences occurs through the night time streets of the eeringly beautiful Coruscant. This chase goes on for quite some time and proves that George Lucas is the master of action sequences. This scene is a million times more exciting than either the speeder bike sequence from Return of the Jedi or the pod race from The Phantom Menace.")

Now I have not been to the site and at the moment have no plans at reading it. Most likely its fake but if its true I would not want to know the whole plot before the movie even comes out.

gbird21
Dec 29th, 2000, 03:52:36 PM
test

DarthAce
Dec 29th, 2000, 06:07:48 PM
my friend i saw what you saw too 3 days ago and it is my believe that it is the closest we have come on the real plot-just look at the new "select" pic doesn't it look like the "rock planet" from the plot you saw and didn't many other "select" pic's look like they came from the plot you and me saw?I ask you this?What i saw was a great and very coplex plot that if it is true and if it Lucas directs the "right" way then we "may" have an empire strikes back all over again...please god make it true!:)

Jidai Geki
Dec 29th, 2000, 07:30:56 PM
IF that is the actual plot that I read, I have very little interest in seeing Episode II at his point.

ReaperFett
Dec 29th, 2000, 07:37:19 PM
I aint stupid. I'm not even going to risk ruining the film

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 30th, 2000, 02:33:16 AM
Darth I will have to take your word for it because I will not read the site because I do not want the film spoiled for me. I am not sure how accurate it is, I think it is partly speculation based on the rumors that have been coming from theforce.net and other such sites. Still, I do think this next film will be awsome maybe even better than Empire.

DarthAce
Dec 30th, 2000, 06:18:56 AM
I hope so my friend!:)

Darth Hez
Dec 30th, 2000, 03:11:22 PM
I think the overview of it may be partially correct. However, the whole thing to my mind smelled like someone saw a lot of the storyboards that were floating around a while back and put together his own interpretation of them. Some of the details just seemed wrong as well. If you don't want any clues as to the possible film though, don't read it.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 30th, 2000, 04:16:46 PM
IMDB made a note about their story on Thursday

The writer of a 2800-word account posted on the Internet of what purports to be the plot of Star Wars: Episode 2 has been identified as Mickey Suttle, an obsessed fan who has previously posted similar material, including bogus interviews with George Lucas. Persons familiar with Internet rumor mongers have informed us that Suttle's original Star Wars fan site was closed down by Lucasfilm. "It's because of things like this [our reference to Suttle's Web site] that no one takes the Internet seriously," commented Drew McWeeny, who writes as "Professor Moriarty" on the Ain't It Cool News Web site.

Now what this means is not completely clear. This guy does seem willing to post false information so the entire thing could be a hoax or it could be based on the rumors from other movie sites.

ReaperFett
Dec 30th, 2000, 06:07:27 PM
Oh god, not HIM! This guy is an idiot IMHO. His website(www.supershadow.com[/link I believe) Is the biggest load of turd I ha (http://www.supershadow.com[/linkIbelieve)IsthebiggestloadofturdIha)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 30th, 2000, 08:50:07 PM
After I looked at that page I am now begining to doubt even more if ist real. Sure some of it might be in the movie like the race through corsucant mention in the IMDB article because I have seen in mentioned other places like theforce.net but most of it I betting is not true just some fan speculating on what the next movie will be like.

ReaperFett
Dec 30th, 2000, 08:54:42 PM
It is BS. This guy has 'apparentley' been to Skywalker ranch, and has known what is in the script for months

Jedi Master Kyle
Dec 30th, 2000, 08:59:53 PM
Of course it's b.s. If it were anything remotely close to the truth, Lucasfilm would have it removed right away.

DarthAce
Dec 31st, 2000, 10:57:13 AM
Maybe all this was writen by Lucasfilm so that Lucas can see how fans react to the plot if you look closely you will see a comment poll about what is your reaction to the plot!

Hart Kenobi
Jan 1st, 2001, 02:13:52 AM
I wouldn't want to spoil my viewing of EPII for anything, so even if it is real, there is no way I'm going there.

DarthAce
Jan 1st, 2001, 02:41:02 PM
...your...doing...the best thing!:)