PDA

View Full Version : Opening Crawl?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 31st, 2001, 03:16:02 PM
I was looking on theforce.net and they have reported what might be the opening crawl for EP 2 circa mid 2000 although they say that Lucas might make changes to it between now and EP 2. For those interested in reading what it might be here it is (possible spoilers below)

There is unrest in the Galactic Senate. Several hundred solar systems, under the leadership of the Rebel Leader, Count Dooku, have declared their intentions to secede from the Republic.

This separatist movement has made it difficult for the limited number of Jedi Knights to maintain peace and order in the galaxy.

Senator Amidala, the former Queen of Naboo, is returning to Coruscant to vote on the critical issue of creating an army to assist the overwhelmed Jedi...

This sounds right, but if it is what we will see in 2002 who knows. It might have been changed or two theforce.net spies could be making it up. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jan 31st, 2001, 08:40:45 PM
It sounds pretty plausible to me. We can almost picture the crawl fading away, the camera panning down and seeing Amidala's ship head toward Coruscant...

Hart Kenobi
Jan 31st, 2001, 10:51:27 PM
I didn't like that Dooku's name was mentioned so soon.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 1st, 2001, 01:50:12 AM
I think it shows his importance in the film. Of course there has also been rumors that he is actually a sith in desguise. I think it is possible that this is true though who knows how reliable theforce.net spies are or if Lucas might change it especially since now it has been reported on theforce.net. I do remember that Lucas did release EP 1's crawl a couple weeks before the film came out. I think it was in premier magazine first.

General Ceel
Feb 27th, 2001, 10:28:27 PM
My guess is that it will be edited and refined to be the best description of the action leading into the film. Otherwise it sounds highly possible.