PDA

View Full Version : is it just me?

buff jedi 2
Mar 20th, 2001, 04:38:48 PM
or did Vader kill the Palpatine to easily ? as powerful as he was surely he would be able to get out of Vaders grasp.

Also buff says HI and wish you were there.

buff's bro

Jedieb
Mar 20th, 2001, 05:10:39 PM
What's up buffbro? In retrospect it does seem a bit easy, but we've seen enough evidence that the Force does make one invincible. And I think we'll see more and more of that as the Jedi are slaughtered in EP2 & EP3. An uncontrolled fall like that could kill any Jedi or Sith. If Obi-Wan had fallen in the pit he more than likely would have died. In ESB Luke was saved because he guided himself or was carried away by Cloud's City ventilaiton system. I tend to think that when the Emperor made contact and died you saw the manifestation of pure evil dying a violent death. We probably didn't see it with Maul because he wasn't as powerful as Palpatine. It may be something similiar to Obi-Wan and Yoda disappearing but Qui-Gon not disappearing.

sthlord
Mar 21st, 2001, 01:59:40 AM
Hey why did obi and yoda disapear?

-SC :evil:

Darth23
Mar 21st, 2001, 11:26:56 AM
I want to know why it took so long for Qui Gon to cook, er I mean, burn.

;)

Jedi Master Kyle
Mar 21st, 2001, 12:39:24 PM
Bad coals I guess.

Starquest aka AndyR
Mar 21st, 2001, 03:43:32 PM
We did see a little bit of Darth Maul's "evil" escape when he was killed. Didn't anyone see the evil red "mist" escape Maul's body right when Obi made the fatal strike? Maul was a very good fighter, but he didn't have all that pent up evil rage that the emporer had.... hehe.

Doc Milo
Mar 21st, 2001, 03:47:30 PM
I figured that was blood vapor.

QuiGonJ
Mar 21st, 2001, 03:51:17 PM
My namesake just waited around for the proper dramatic effect, that's all. :D

Jedieb
Mar 21st, 2001, 03:53:15 PM
I agree, that definitely looked like a quick mist of blood.

Starquest aka AndyR
Mar 21st, 2001, 05:11:49 PM
it couldn't have been blood, just for the fact that I've never seen any blood whatsoever is any of the previous films (other than anakins scrape, but that was intentional for the plot, cant get a blood sample without blood). Even luke's stump was cauterized by the saber when it was chopped off, otherwise it would've been squirting all over the place. It looked like energy to me.... Now I DEFINITELY have to watch TPM some more.... hehe, any excuse is a good one....

Doc Milo
Mar 21st, 2001, 06:44:02 PM
Watch ANH: When Obi-Wan slices Ponda Baba's arm off. Blood on the stump.

In ESB: When Luke chops off the Wampa's arm. Blood on the stump. Plus the blood of the tauntaun all over the Wampa's fur as its eating the animal...

Jedi Master Kyle
Mar 21st, 2001, 07:09:48 PM
then where did it go? Why wasn't it on Obi Wan's clothes? He was clearly close enough to get sprayed by it. It wasn't even visible on the floor. Either, GL didn't want to show blood on Obi's robes, or Maul's blood vanished into thin air, or it's not blood.

Fox609
Mar 21st, 2001, 07:52:22 PM
Or the blood may have evaporated due to Obi-Wan's saber's energy.. Just a thought.

Jedi Master Kyle
Mar 21st, 2001, 07:57:21 PM
I've thought about that possibility too. But wouldn't the blood that escaped (the spray) have escaped the heat of the saber and landed somewhere?

Doc Milo
Mar 21st, 2001, 09:43:59 PM
Not if it was vapor. Vapor is already gas.

Like steam escaping into the air.

Starquest aka AndyR
Mar 22nd, 2001, 12:19:33 PM
Doc Milo: good catch, I watched ANH last week and I still didn't make that connection... derr %)

Isn't the blood in ESB all from the special editions? I saw the special editions twice each, and didn't like them, so I stick with watching the OT. I dont remember for sure but wasn't the arm that was shown falling off the wampa cauterized? I remember it that way, but I am not sure.