PDA

View Full Version : Can we keep spoilers out of the topic headers?

ReaperFett
Mar 26th, 2001, 12:23:26 PM
Im trying to stay spoiler free, to enjoy EP2 to the max. However, there is a post directley below this when I wrote this about council betraying or something. Couldnt you say that without possibly ruining the film?

Jidai Geki
Mar 26th, 2001, 12:49:23 PM
If the post title had contained an actual spoiler, you'd have a valid argument. But someone speculating about what may or may not happen is not a spoiler. People can brainstorm all they want about what the story may be, but ideas are not spoilers.

Surely, you must have your own ideas about what might happen. You could post them here, and they wouldn't be spoilers because the story has already been written, and if other people's ideas coincide with that, it would be purely by accident. And you wouldn,t know that until you see the movie. You would have no knowldege that you knew any slivers of the story in advance.

I understand your argument, but if you want to remain completely spoiler-free, it is kind of difficult to do so hanging around a board dedicated to discussing the upcoming movies.

Darth23
Mar 26th, 2001, 12:55:55 PM
I heard that Vader is Luke's Father. :D

Spoiler Warnings are a good idea. Putting (S) in the title is good also. OF course the issue of what actually is a spoiler comes to mind.

I don't think character names are (necessarily) spoilers. What about locations?

Plot points, and especially Surprise plot points are definitely spoilers.

ReaperFett
Mar 26th, 2001, 04:03:57 PM
ok, said thread says 'which council member will betray'. That doesnt leave much leeway, does it? But, 'Jedi traitor?(spoilers)' is far better, doesnt actually specify much

JediMaster T
Mar 26th, 2001, 10:43:20 PM
HEY!! That's my betrayal thread! And I too am spolier free, so that thread was just speculation.

Maybe "SPEC" for specualtion would help claify things?

Whattya think?

:)