PDA

View Full Version : Lucas' April Fools?

Doc Milo
Apr 1st, 2001, 01:27:02 PM
Went to Starwars.com today. It was all "green" like an old monochrome monitor. The date said: April 1, 1979. There were nine episode numbers at the top. And the contents said stuff like: "Episode V Select" "Episode V Update." It was pretty funny to look at. Like the question to the "Alliance Taticitians" -- "Why hasn't Lucasfilm released Star Wars on Betamax?" :)

Darth23
Apr 1st, 2001, 05:39:13 PM
It was pretty good - Jedinet.com has a cure April Fool's joke also. There's a link to Thefarce.com. :D

Jedi Master Kyle
Apr 1st, 2001, 06:34:09 PM
Got this from tf.n

CNN reported early today that George Lucas will be making the Star Wars sequels, despite previous statements that he would be through with Star Wars after Episode III! Here's a clip:

George Lucas announced at a press conference today that he'll be continuing the Star Wars series after the upcoming prequels.
The director originally intended to end the series after Episode III in 2005 but has since changed his mind. The sequel films will take place after Return of the Jedi.

"I decided that I really loved the Star Wars series and I didn't want to see it end," Lucas said.

Check out the details at www.cnn.com/showbiz/. (http://www.cnn.com/showbiz/.) Thanks to all the readers who alerted us to it!

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 1st, 2001, 10:46:21 PM
Thats cruel JMK, at first I thought it was a joke and then when I saw on CNN, I wondered if it was true but then when I got to part of Jar Jar's son and the cloned Emperor I knew it was a joke. I wondered how many people thought it was true.

Darth McBain
Apr 2nd, 2001, 09:54:35 AM
Man, that was pretty damn funny. Thank goodness it was still up, I went away for the weekend and only saw it this morning. I loved how in the casting section, they listed:

"an efficient worker" Jack Purvis
"a well-equipped assistant" John Hollis
etc...

Its like they're poking fun at how they are giving us little bits of information about the upcoming episodes. For all we know, some of the little snippets of information they've been giving us on new characters will be about characters who have about as much screen time as these two had (an Ugnaught (sp?) and Lobot)...

I also love the poll question. I'm going Luke all the way... :)

ReaperFett
Apr 3rd, 2001, 02:16:19 PM
isnt it funny how the people at jedinet are childish morons?

Jedi Master Kyle
Apr 3rd, 2001, 05:43:12 PM
Jedinet? What do you mean?

ReaperFett
Apr 3rd, 2001, 06:06:27 PM
I dislike their TF.N bashing

Jedi Master Kyle
Apr 3rd, 2001, 09:09:12 PM
Really? I never noticed. What did they say?

Pimpish Cat
Apr 3rd, 2001, 11:10:19 PM
That Starwars.com looked cool, atleast the pic at the top, and it had a poll that said: Who do you think Leia will end up with?ANd had Luke and Han on it,lol.