PDA

View Full Version : Re-release -- when?

Doc Milo
May 3rd, 2001, 02:05:38 PM
If I remember correctly (and I was pretty young at the time, so I may be wrong) didn't Lucas re-release ANH before ESB came out (isn't that when the EpIV:ANH was first added to the film, before that it was just plain old Star Wars?) and didn't he re-release both ANH and ESB before RotJ came out?

If so, does this mean we can be looking forward to a re-release of TPM perhaps around Christmas, or early in 2002?

Jedi Master Carr
May 3rd, 2001, 02:30:08 PM
I wondered that too it would make since but I think if we get the DVD this christmas I doubt we will see a release because that would be like a release and if that was the case I would be very happy. Sure if he released it lets say early next year I would defintely go see it but I think things have changed now because when ANH was released VCR's did not exist and release movies was very big until the mid 1980's. I am thinking that Jedi was one of the last major films to get relesed though films like Ghostbusters and Back to the Future may have to but I am not certain if they. Sure it would be way to gain interest in EP 2 and if the DVD wasn't coming out Lucas might actually do it, but I think the DVD could make more money and push even more interest in EP 2 than a release could.

Jedieb
May 3rd, 2001, 08:15:00 PM
I don't see TPM getting re-released before the release of EP2. If it does I don't see it's re-release being as successful as the ones ANH had. I think the FOX debut this fall and the X-Mas DVD will kind of squelch any hope for a theatrical re-release.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 3rd, 2001, 09:09:17 PM
Clearly.

ReaperFett
May 4th, 2001, 03:22:40 AM
Actors strike. There will be a lot of space. Lot of people wanting to see ANYTHING. They will rerelease it ifthe strike carries on

Darth23
May 5th, 2001, 01:31:01 AM
Maybe for a week or two during the dead time after New years. That would be cool. The rationale could be that there woudl eb people who had seen it on video, dvd or tv who didn't get around to seeign in on the Big Screen.

General Ceel
May 15th, 2001, 09:41:34 AM
I remember GL saying that his movies were created to be seen on the big screen. Even if we don't get to see EPI in theatres again before EP2 i think we can expect a re-release of all 6 some day
so we can see the whole saga all together.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 15th, 2001, 10:59:37 AM
I think that's pretty much the consensus among us. That would be the ultimate Star Wars movie experience. I wonder how theaters would work it? 6 separate tickets, or 1 big ticket? Would they play them all back to back and give small (15-20 mins) breaks in between? I can't wait for that to happen!

General Ceel
May 15th, 2001, 11:08:22 AM
I think it would be 3 tickets with two movies each night. Or two tickets with 3 movies each night. 6 movies is too long to sit through in a theatre for most people. Personally i would love to watch all six in a row.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 15th, 2001, 05:25:49 PM
Well I personally would love 6 in a row. It would weed out the weak among us! Only real fans need apply! (How elitist does that sound! :lol: )

General Ceel
May 15th, 2001, 07:39:57 PM
lol, it would be fun, but not good for the box office or Lucas Film at the cost of re releasing them like that.

QuiGonJ
May 17th, 2001, 05:22:43 PM
I think the tv showing will be the only release we see before Ep2, but I image that after the films are done, he'll drag em out every 5-7 years in a few week format like he did with the SE's.

Jidai Geki
May 20th, 2001, 05:32:55 PM
Who cares?! The movie was wretched!!!!! Who, besides the blinded Lucas loyalists on sites like these, would go to see it anyway?

Re-release it?! How about publicly destroying the film, and promising never to mention it again? I'd pay to see that.

QuiGonJ
May 22nd, 2001, 09:45:20 AM
On a scale of 1 to 10, I'll give this troll a .5... :rolleye

PropReplicator
May 28th, 2001, 09:13:11 AM
?