PDA

View Full Version : Jedinet.com shuts it's doors

Jedi Master Kyle
May 6th, 2001, 04:42:17 PM
Thoughts anyone? Will you miss it at all? I thought the best thing about their site was their multimedia section, but other than that, I think they are fairly replaceable.

ReaperFett
May 6th, 2001, 06:58:12 PM
Ghentz was cool. THe fact the owners thought it clever to have anti tf.n pictures around is pathetic. Im more bothered that I think this means Rebelpilots.com is gone

Jedi Master Carr
May 7th, 2001, 12:08:51 AM
I'm not surprised after theforce.net was bought out by IGN I just knew it could never make it. I won't really miss it, I always thought theforce.net was better.

Jedieb
May 7th, 2001, 07:44:31 AM
Question, what exactly is IGN and when did it buy out TFN?

Jedi Master Kyle
May 7th, 2001, 07:54:37 AM
I think IGN is some kind of gamers network, but I have no clue when they bought TF.N

Jedi Master Carr
May 7th, 2001, 12:37:58 PM
IGN is also a major internet player too they own a lot film sites on the net and I think they bought out theforce.net some time last year.

QuiGonJ
May 7th, 2001, 01:07:51 PM
IGN is the Imagine Games Network, owned by Imagine Media Inc... the publishers of PC Gamer and the late PC Accelerator. They also ran Daily Radar.com which was axed recently, and I hear tF.n was close to be shut down as well.

Jedi Master Carr
May 7th, 2001, 01:47:04 PM
When before they were bought out or recently? I wouldn't think theforce.net would be shut down they are the best Star wars site on the net maybe after episode 3 comes out they might be closed but I think they will survive until then.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 7th, 2001, 05:08:52 PM
How many Star Wars sites do you guys think will be around say 2 years after episode 3? How long till they start shutting down? If at all? It's a given that Star Wars.com will continue for ages, but what about the rest?

QuiGonJ
May 8th, 2001, 05:13:43 PM
Oh, there will always be SW sites.. Rebelscum was around before the Special Editions, and will be around as long as there is SW junk to be bought... :)

Darth23
May 10th, 2001, 10:41:27 AM
Their multimedia section was pretty awesome.

maybe they'll decide to scale back and reopen on another server.

PropReplicator
May 28th, 2001, 09:14:51 AM
I agree about the multimedia section. And what happened to the fanfilm that was being made?