PDA

View Full Version : Stuff on Boba's past. *possible* spoilers...

Jedi Master Kyle
Apr 19th, 2001, 08:39:53 PM
"Not much is known about Boba Fett. He wears part of the uniform of the Imperial Shocktroopers, warriors from olden time. Shocktroopers came from the far side of the galaxy and there aren't many of them left. They were wiped out by the Jedi Knights during the Clone Wars. Whether he was a shocktrooper or not is unknown. He is the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, and cares little for whom he works -- as long as they pay."
- Bantha Tracks #5
Summer 1979

I wonder if GL stuck to this backstory. Based on reports, it would seem so.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 20th, 2001, 12:56:19 AM
I don't know but of course he is said to wear the armor of the mandalorians, of course who the mandalorians are would be anybodys guess. The EU said that they were barbarians who raided the galaxy during the clone wars, but of course that could be changed by Lucas slightly.

Starquest aka AndyR
Apr 20th, 2001, 02:46:34 PM
So are shocktroopers the pre stormtroopers?

possible Spoilers ahead:

I heard that in ep II the trade fed learns how useless droid armies are - possibly when they get kicked by the clone/shock/storm troopers?
Maybe they just learn that clones are even cheaper than droids to make...
Either way, jango fett is the confirmed source of the clone armies. Saw that in a star wars insider magazine (I think), which seems to be an accurate source to me. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 20th, 2001, 03:51:16 PM
That sounds right I think I saw something like that in one issue of the insider. Along the same subject maybe these shock troopers are then called Mandalorians and are in fact a cloned army created by Palpatine but I'm just speculated I am not certain how the Mandalorians or shock troopers actually fit into the next movie, but it will be interesting to find out.

PropReplicator
May 28th, 2001, 09:18:35 AM
I think they learned in Episode I how useless droid armies can be.;)