PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Doom beat Darth Vader?

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 3rd, 2001, 11:44:23 PM
At least that is what Wizard Magazine thinks. They did there usual hypothetical fights and this month that was the matchup and they had Dr. Doom barely winning in such a bout. First off many who are saying who is Dr. Doom. Well he is the big Marvel baddie who has most often thought the Fantastic Four but has just about fought everybody else in Marvel Comics from Spider man to X-Men. He wears a suit of armor, and greep cape. The armor is equipped with all kind of weapons including guns, laser swords and even rocket jets in his boots. He is the ruler of Latvia and right now also rules a world called Planet Doom (long story) he has been trying to conqueur Marvel earth for about 30 years but has been successful at least twice but could never hold on to it. He is also consider the smartest person in Marvel, although I am sure Reed Richards would disagree.

Well back to the article, they have Doom somehow coming to the Star wars universe trying to conquer the empire and he takes on Vader in a duel. Doom is equipped with laser sword and starts fight first vader has the advantage but somehow Doom pulls a fast one and cracks Vader's skull leaving the dark lord stabbering for air. Doom then steals Vader's lightsaber and teleports back to his world. Even though I like the fight I have to question how Doom could so easily beat Vader. I guess Wizard is arguing that Doom is so smart that he would realize Vader is powerless without his mask but if Doom could get in that move is the question.

ReaperFett
Jun 4th, 2001, 07:44:09 AM
I dont read comic books, but I know who Dr Doom is:)

I think hed have a chance

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 4th, 2001, 10:58:24 AM
If Luke couldn't pierce Vader's shoulder blades, then how could that Dr. Doom weakling break Vader's skull? As smart as he is, how could he defend himself when Vader is force-crushing Dr. Doom's metal armour and squahing him inside. Or just force-choking him to death. Or it could be that I'm just biased. :)