PDA

View Full Version : Come with me... It's the only way...

Darth McBain
Jun 15th, 2001, 11:27:25 AM
I was watching ESB last night and it got me to thinking about how Anakin becomes Darth Vader. According to the novelisation of ANH, it says that Anakin duels with Obi-Wan and falls into a volcano. When he emerges he dons the suit we all know and love which keeps him alive and is no longer Anakin Skywalker, but is Darth Vader. I'm guessing we'll see this somewhere around the end of EPIII.
Anyway, I was watching the scene where Luke has just lost his hand and is out on the catwalk and Vader is trying to turn him to the Dark Side. It made me speculate on the duel Anakin has with Obi-Wan. It would be very interesting if that duel mirrors the one in ESB: Obi-Wan severs Anakin's hand (and lightsaber). Anakin, then defenseless, retreats towards the lava pit while Obi-Wan tries to turn him back to the good side. "Come with me Anakin... It's the only way..." Then Anakin, consumed with hatred and confusion, hurls himself into the pit.
Who knows how any of this will pan out anyway, but it makes for some interesting speculation. I think that it would be an interesting way to mirror how Vader tries to turn Luke, but from the other perspective.

xx Kyiang Sunrider xx
Jun 16th, 2001, 02:45:12 PM
George Lucas said he knew already how the end of this new saga would be...