PDA

View Full Version : Which Character did you hate the most from TPM

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 14th, 2000, 06:58:34 PM

Nic Olie
Aug 14th, 2000, 07:07:35 PM
didnt mind any of them :)

If ANYONE mentions Ric Olie in this, Ill kill em :)
-ReaperFett

Bromine
Aug 14th, 2000, 07:10:22 PM
I liked 'em all, too!:)
But was it just me, or did Panaka always talk like he REALLY had to use the bathroom? I kept waiting for Amidala to hand him some Pepto Bismol and the whole thing to turn into a commercial!:)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 14th, 2000, 07:14:57 PM
LOL, I picked Panaka myself, I did not like how he talked either, but I had hard time selecting characters for this poll, that are really not any characters that I did not like in TPM, I just like Panaka the least. Still, I confident that Jar Jar will win.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 15th, 2000, 12:31:34 AM
Sio Bibble got my vote. The only reason is look at him stand there like a goof when obi wan and qui gon and spring the queen loose. Of course, there is nothing he could have done, but he just looks stupider than anyone else. Otherwise he's ok.

Bromine
Aug 15th, 2000, 12:48:53 AM
And he's got that funny beard! Reminds me of a garden gnome!

RHJediKnight
Aug 16th, 2000, 04:32:24 PM
What is with you people? 8 votes for Jar Jar??? Are you people INSANE??????????

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 16th, 2000, 05:50:09 PM
and that snake of a viceroy is getting out of this unscathed!

EP5GRAFLEX
Aug 18th, 2000, 11:46:32 PM
I voted for Captian Panaka, Jar-Jar would've been too easy!
Does anyone remember the scene on Queen Amidala's ship when Qui-Gon and Captian Panaka are arguing over which planet to land on? If you look closely you can see Obi-Wan turning around and glaring at Captian Panaka as if he was thinking:" Are you questioning MY Master? Mother @#%$?!" Classic!:)

Check out my band!:)
Jedi-Rocker

www.mp3.com/happyendings (http://www.mp3.com/happyendings)

obiwan shinobi
Apr 22nd, 2001, 03:21:51 AM
nah...jar-jar sucks...easy choice

QuiGonJ
Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:47:33 PM
I don't recall voting on this, but I'd say Wald.. man, he was annoying

Jedieb
Apr 27th, 2001, 07:45:13 AM
I don't believe I voted but I would have gone with Jar Jar. I don't hate him, I just don't think he's as funny as 3PO and R2. Who voted for Yarael Poof? Are you guys drunk?

Doc Milo
Apr 27th, 2001, 01:51:22 PM
Can anyone tell me why Wald carries a frying pan with him? (Hehehehehe)

I went with Captain Panaka when I voted. Couldn't stand him. To me, the worst scene in the entire movie involved him -- and he made it the worst scene! It right after R2 saved the day, and was brought before the Queen. After Amidala asks what the droid's operating number is, Panaka bends down, looks, stands back up, takes a step forward and makes this grand pronouncement "R2-D2!" Just seemed as if he wasn't speaking to the Queen at that moment, but to the audience: "Hey, remember this droid from the Original Trilogy. This is R2-D2, famous rebel hero! Here he is, saving the day again!" (Trumpet Fanfare...) Just seemed so unnatural. It just seemed to me that Panaka (Quarshie, acutally) over-acted everything. I don't know if that was his character or the actor.

All of Jar Jar's antics did not annoy me as much as that one scene!

Jedi Master Kyle
Apr 27th, 2001, 05:11:11 PM
I agree, he DID over act every line he said. Well maybe not every line, but enough to leave you with that impression about his performance.

Jedieb
Apr 27th, 2001, 08:43:14 PM
My Panaka memory came at the end of TPM. Remember his "You can kiss your trade franchise goodbye." I actually remember hearing someone groan in the theater. Something about the way he delivered that line was just wrong... And Ric Ollie wasn't a prize either.
"You're pretty sharp kid."
"And your pretty bad actor guy, now move over and let me fly this thing."

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 27th, 2001, 10:37:10 PM
I picked Panaka too, I am glad he is not going to be in EP 2 because he did a lousy job in TPM. Also I have no clue why 5 people voted for Yarel Poof I only chose him because the name sounded stupid, I can't even remember who he was, I'm guessing he was a member of council but that would be a guess.

Jonce
May 9th, 2001, 02:46:49 AM
No Ric Olie?? Because of his terrible lines I would have to choose him.

p.s. is the actor who played Ric Olie the guy from Alien 3?

obiwan shinobi
May 11th, 2001, 03:30:27 AM
as much as I can't stand Jar-Jar, the Trade Federation stooges were awful. I mean, what was up with that French accent? the least Lucas could have done was make them more menacing and give them subtitles. In the end, they just turned out to be a joke.

xx Kyiang Sunrider xx
May 16th, 2001, 08:28:08 PM
So what?
Wedge Antilles wasn´t a great actor as well!!!
And any general or anything like that from the classics, but a lot of peeps(including me)Like him:p

Darth23
May 17th, 2001, 08:42:52 AM
How come Darth Maul wasn't on the list?

>B-}

Can anyone tell me why Wald carries a frying pan with him?

Actialy it's not a frying pan. I'm pretty sure we get a glimpse of it from both sides, and both are flat, like the bottom of a fryign pan. There's no 'pan' part. Basically it's some kind of paddle. Probably for a paddle ball type game, since the kids went off to play ball.

Fly Girl J
May 21st, 2001, 07:31:19 PM
Panaka or Jar-Jar... Panaka or Jar-Jar...

Kind of a tough decision. I actually think Anakin annoyed me more than either of them. (Don't flame me, I just think the kid was a horrible actor. "Yippie!" makes me cringe every time.) Really though, I think Captain Panaka was incredibly annoying. LOL, that R2-D2 scene... funny.

PropReplicator
May 30th, 2001, 04:27:12 PM
Panaka sucked. I am SO glad he's not coming back for Episode II.

obiwan shinobi
Jun 1st, 2001, 02:26:39 PM
ok, ok I'll admit it

Jar Jar is the worst

but those Trade Federation French Canadian wannabes are a close second

DaBoSsNaStY
Jun 3rd, 2001, 03:07:21 PM
did not hate any of the characters...

Agent Rex
Jun 17th, 2001, 04:37:10 AM
dat's simple Jar Jar binks