PDA

View Full Version : SW EP1 DVD NEWS hhhmmmmmmm

chewies big toe
Apr 5th, 2001, 05:44:21 AM
IN THE U.K THIS MORNING THE GUY ON THE RADIO SAID THAT INDUSTRY SOURCES HAVE REVEALED THAT THE SW EP1 DVD WILL CONTAIN 20 MINUTES EXTRA UNSEEN FOOTAGE. DONT KNOW IF THIS IS OLD NEWS BUT INTERESTING ANYWAY.

Boba Fart
Apr 5th, 2001, 09:24:09 AM
Was there any mention of when they would be out?

chewies big toe
Apr 5th, 2001, 10:36:31 AM
i think he said june .

Darth23
Apr 11th, 2001, 12:54:43 AM
DOOD!

SHRINK your Personal PIC.

PLEASE!!! (sorry if you already have).

it's like 740k!!!!

obiwan shinobi
Apr 21st, 2001, 07:55:30 PM
isn't the North American release coming out in November?

PropReplicator
May 28th, 2001, 09:23:10 AM
Yeah, it's coming out here in the staes later this Fall. I highly doubt it will be out anywhere else any sooner.

As for the extra footage, I'll wait until I here it from offical channels before I believe it.

DaBoSsNaStY
May 28th, 2001, 10:42:17 PM
WOW!! I HOPE WE GET TO SEE MORE JAR JAR;)

obiwan shinobi
May 29th, 2001, 02:30:24 AM
actually the Digital Bits is now reporting that Episode 1 will be released in October (the 16th, I think) - haven't heard any details on the release but extra footage would be cool - the thing I'm wondering about is whether you'll be able to watch deleted scenes with the movie, a la X-Men or if they will include 2 versions of the movie

sirdizzy
May 29th, 2001, 03:27:58 PM
i'll give ya more jar jar *stuffs a jar jar action figure up dbn's nose*

DaBoSsNaStY
May 29th, 2001, 09:46:38 PM
Yeah .. that really suck that they did that with the x-men, I hope they would offer a version one, two, and the I am too cool SW fan that did not like Jar Jar so TPM suked version..:p

I did not know you cared sooooo much SirDizzy:cool: :

PropReplicator
May 30th, 2001, 12:03:59 PM
Would it fit on one DVD to have two different versions of the film?

Starquest aka AndyR
May 30th, 2001, 12:49:29 PM
Yes, it would all fit on one DVD. The Stargate special edition has two versions, they just use a different chapter system - which seamlessly inserts extra footage inside the ragular version. Its pretty cool, and on the Stargate DVD that I have, its completely seamless.
Sorry, I dont know what the technology is called though. :)

PropReplicator
May 30th, 2001, 01:25:51 PM
Sweet. I wish they'd do the OT in both the original (or maybe THX) and the Special Edition versions.:/

obiwan shinobi
May 30th, 2001, 02:54:09 PM
yeah, I definitely want both versions of the OT on DVD - because there's a lot of aspects that I love about the "original" movies and not the special editions - like Han blowing away Greedo, and the old Jabba palace dance scene; i even like the old Wampa scene better because it adds some mystery to the creature, instead of just seeing it forthright

PropReplicator
May 30th, 2001, 03:29:58 PM
Don't forget about that goofy yell that they put in where Luke jumps from the ledge in Cloud City. Blech!

obiwan shinobi
May 31st, 2001, 02:23:48 AM
or the pathetic gun shots coming out of Leia's blaster in ANH :(

Darth McBain
Jun 19th, 2001, 09:57:13 AM
Well, they have info about it on the official website - so it looks like we can put an end to all the speculation. We're in business for Oct. 16!!! It looks like they've put quite a bit of cool stuff onto the DVD - if they put some neat stuff onto the OT discs (whenever that will be), then I won't mind waiting on them...

www.starwars.com/episode-...10619.html (http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/news/2001/06/news20010619.html)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 19th, 2001, 11:39:21 AM
Cool, I can hardly wait for it, I especially want to see those deleted scenes.

Jedieb
Jun 19th, 2001, 01:02:41 PM
The official release said there was somewhere around 6 hours of EXTRAS! Everything from new scenes with completed effects to all of the one view commercials. Looks like it's time to break down and buy myself a DVD player.

Darth23
Jun 19th, 2001, 03:16:17 PM
6 hours of Extras r 6 hours of total content?

:-)

this release date has been rumored from several different places for a while now, so I guess it's not that big a surprised. $29.98 US Suggested Retail price. Not bad. Region 2 will actually be out a day earlier than Region one. Kind of makes you wonder why they're bothering with different regional editions.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 19th, 2001, 05:48:18 PM
According to the fox release information the DVD has 480 minutes of footage I guess that is the 6 hours of additional footage plus the two hour movie. I wonder if that is a record for a DVD. I'm sure glad I broke down and got a DVD on my computer.

obiwan shinobi
Jun 20th, 2001, 12:31:47 AM
it's about time Lucasfilm released this on DVD

at least it looks like it's going to be loaded with features - my only wish is that they would change the cover - i would rather see something like the Anakin w/ darth vader shadow cover or something more simple

ReaperFett
Jun 20th, 2001, 08:30:09 AM
TV ones might have as much maybe. Or a documentary DVD

Darth McBain
Jun 20th, 2001, 09:48:54 AM
It is a two-disc set, so 480 minutes is not that big a deal. I don't know what the limit is on one disc, but it has to be more than 240 minutes worth of material. I'm totally stoked, though!!! I wonder if the DVDs for Ep II and III will be any quicker in the making? Considering that they are filming them in digital format, I would think it would be easy to transfer them to a DVD, but GL may once again have something special in mind for them and make us wait. I guess I don't mind waiting if the wait is worth it (cool extras, outtakes, interviews, featurettes, etc...)