PDA

View Full Version : Best line in the movie

JediWilliam
Jun 23rd, 2001, 09:52:26 AM
My favorite line use to be at the end of Return of the Jedi when Luke throws away his saber and tells the emperor that he's a Jedi, like his father before him. I still think that's a great line, but now I think I have a new favorite. "May the force be with you." But not when Luke says it, or Obi Wan, Qui Gon Jinn, or Mace Windu. But when Han says it at the end of A New Hope. It's just a really coll moment in the movie where you see through Han's arrogant tough guy cover.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 23rd, 2001, 10:12:16 AM
I've always loved "wars not make one great". runner up would be "would it help if I got out and pushed?" "It might!"

buff jedi 2
Jun 23rd, 2001, 01:25:57 PM
Han (who's scuffy looking ?!) still and forever will love that :)

buffjedi/wookieboy

Doc Milo
Jun 24th, 2001, 08:33:44 PM
I always loved: "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." Runner up is: "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to . . . suffering."

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 24th, 2001, 11:36:14 PM
I have always liked Vader's line in ESB "You have failed me for the last time." Second would be Leia's line to Han "Why you stucked, half-witted scruffy looking nerfherder." That line always cracks me up.

Darth McBain
Jun 25th, 2001, 12:48:23 PM
Its tough to pick an absolute favorite, there are so many good ones... I was always partial to "... for a thousand generations the Jedi were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the Dark Times. Before the Empire..."

I also love the one "Luke> I don't believe it... Yoda> That is why you failed..."

Biggs
Jun 25th, 2001, 04:20:12 PM
Han has some of the best lines. One of his best is the one on the first death star in ANH when they are trying to rescue the princess and he says something to the effect of, "Hey, we had a malfunction here, but its all fixed, everything is fine now, were all fine, how are you?" That isn't the exact quote of course...but you should know what I'm talking about! He has several other funny lines to. But one of my favorites is "The ability to speak does make you intelligent." By Qui-Gon of course.

Hart3584
Jun 26th, 2001, 06:11:44 PM
The most memorable line for me is : "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope."

But my favorite line is when Yoda was fighting R2 for the glowrod: "Mine mine mine. Mine, Or I help you not."

obiwan shinobi
Jun 29th, 2001, 01:17:01 PM
i have a lot of favourite lines, can't pick just one

but if we were to do it by movie:

SW: "But I was going to Toshi Station to pick up some power convertors" (whiney voice added)

ESB: "Who's scruffy-looking?!?"

ROTJ: ""I'm out of it for a bit, and everybody gets delusions of grandeur"

Pat Za Ponor
Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:16:04 PM
I can't pick one line, a good one though is in ESB when Vader is talking to Lando
"Perhaps you feel you are being treated unfairly?"
I'm not sure if that is the exact words. I always loved the way Vader's voice rises when he says "unfairly?"