PDA

View Full Version : Lightsaber colors possible spoilers

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 19th, 2001, 12:12:50 AM
This is from theforce.net

You remember reading in this post earlier this month that Hasbro is releasing multiple colors of lightsaber toys. Well get ready for more colors from the Jedi as well, whether you want to or not.
According to our sources: blue, red, green, purple, yellow and possibly even orange are all strong candidates for the next film in the hands of the Jedi and Sith. Maybe more, but either way get ready for a whole host of colors for the deadly weapons in Episode II.

I think that is cool I would love to see the Jedi using different colored lightsaber I would just stick the colors mentioned I don't think I want to see a pink lightsaber or puce or some odd color.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 19th, 2001, 08:19:50 AM
I agree, I'd like to see a *couple* of new colors, but nothing too messed up. Purple, gold/yellow and orange aren't so much of a stretch from the original colors, and I hope it stays that way. OH! What about a black saber? No, nevermind...

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 19th, 2001, 11:27:18 AM
I' dont think they could do black because its not in the color spectrum the same with white. I know the EP1 action figures some of the characters had different colors, Ki Ai Mandu had purple, Plo Koon had yellow, I think somebody had orange but can't remember who. I know there are a few fans who are not happy trying to say they represent something. To be honest I think what they represent is personal preference, it like knights back in the middle ages they chose there swords based on preferences, they weren't styled a certain way to represent something.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 19th, 2001, 01:15:47 PM
Just for the record, I was joking about the black lightsaber. :)

Doc Milo
Jun 19th, 2001, 02:12:05 PM
I don't mind the different colors, but I kind of hope that they don't give any good guys a red saber. It seems, from all the films we've seen, that red if for the Sith. Vader had a red saber. Maul had a red saber. I wouldn't mind a Jedi having an orange saber, but I'd hope the red saber is reserved for the Sith...

Hart3584
Jun 19th, 2001, 03:56:51 PM
I'd rather just see the traditional colors of green and blue for Jedi, and red for Sith.

RHJediKnight
Jun 19th, 2001, 06:19:08 PM
Gah, I'm sick of just blue, green and red. I'd like to see Ki-Adi-Mundi's purple saber, Plo Koon's yellow saber, Adi Gallia's red saber, etc. I also wouldn't mind seeing some orange, bronze and silver lightsabers.

Hart3584
Jun 20th, 2001, 10:18:43 PM
But that's because of the knowledge that they exist. If the figures hadn't come out with different colors, it would be a radical notion and no one would like the idea of that happening. Old school is the best.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 21st, 2001, 11:08:05 AM
I think there's another reason for it. If you don't mind speculation on episode 2 and/or 3, then read on...

Lucas may be staging a huge battle between jedi and whatever else, clonetroopers, super battle droids, sith,etc...and if every jedi/sith was carrying the regular blue/red/green lightsaber, it may become hard to watch what's going on. I mean, imagine hundreds of green, blue and red blurs flying around. You'd never make anything out. That's why I think we may be seeing new lightsaber colors. Or Lucas may be bored and wants to add new ones for the hell of it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 5th, 2001, 11:58:45 PM
I think the new insider cover has ended the debate and we will see different colors.

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2001/07/img/insider55_bg.jpg

I must admit Mace looks really cool here and I like the purple or violet (take your pick) lightsaber. I also love the look on his face, I really feel now he will steal the movie.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 6th, 2001, 08:13:58 AM
Wow. :eek:

Hart3584
Jul 9th, 2001, 10:43:11 PM
VERY cool :) Anyone looks good in the Jedi outfit.

darth_mcbain
Feb 27th, 2002, 10:41:03 AM
According to the latest video feature on the official site, GL has stated that "Good guys have blue and green - bad guys have red" - though he told Sam Jackson "You might get purple"

I think we'll see probably more of the usual colors without too many variants other than Mace's saber.

JMK
Feb 27th, 2002, 02:21:54 PM
Apparently Yoda's is a gold color. I hope that they don't stray too much

ReturnOfTheCB
Feb 27th, 2002, 02:25:42 PM
Blue and green gets kinda old, though...I'd rather see more colors, especially since they make their own sabers....it would just be boring to see dozens, if not hundreds, of Jedi fighting, all with the same color sabers...

Hmmmmmm.......Purple......a cross between blue and red, isn't it? :)

darth_mcbain
Feb 27th, 2002, 02:46:33 PM
Are you sure JMK? I thought I remembered seeing a photo of the Ep. II Stratego set (at least I think that was the game) and Yoda was sporting a green saber. Granted, that is hardly an official source, but I hadn't heard about his being gold

Alpha
Feb 27th, 2002, 03:20:35 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a silver sabre...Gold would be cool, and block would be awsome, but I doubt (aside from the char's sabres in the RPG section) anyone would have a black sabre.

JMK
Feb 27th, 2002, 07:41:48 PM
JMC, yeah, I'm sure, I saw a pic of the AOTC Yoda lego and sure enough he had a gold lightsaber, unless someone altered the pic.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 27th, 2002, 10:01:15 PM
I think you mean Darth, JMK:D but I thought I heard yellow although gold is pretty close to yellow so maybe

Alpha
Feb 27th, 2002, 10:13:49 PM
Oops, sorry JMK. Didn't know I needed to censor that color. :S

Sith Ahnk
Feb 28th, 2002, 12:15:06 AM
I would have a invisible saber blade so you never know if it is on or off... besides that damn hum.

Alpha
Feb 28th, 2002, 10:21:23 PM
You'd probably kill yourself with one of those though Ahnk...

JMK
Feb 28th, 2002, 11:40:59 PM
LOL!
"Is this thing on or off?"
"I don't know, wave it around, see if it makes the noise!"

darth_mcbain
Mar 8th, 2002, 10:30:45 AM
The official site has posted an image of Yoda's lightsaber I can't wait to see him in action.

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/03/news20020307_3.html

ReaperFett
Mar 8th, 2002, 01:18:06 PM
TF.N reports lots of colours at one stage in the trailer