PDA

View Full Version : Worst Sequal Ever?

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 13th, 2001, 06:03:40 PM
I just read on theforce.net where E online listed the 10 worst sequels ever and I could not believe what was # 1 TPM. What are they smoking. First off I would pick Jaws IV which is one of the most boring movies I have ever seen. I guess we could count all the countless horror sequels like every Halloween but the first one and last one and every Nightmare and Elm street since the first one. And I am sure there are other movies that come close obvisoly E just wants to take a few shots at the fans. If you want to read what they have to say here is the link
www.eonline.com/Features/Topten/Worstsequels/1.html (http://www.eonline.com/Features/Topten/Worstsequels/1.html)

buff jedi 2
Jul 13th, 2001, 06:42:37 PM
well jaws 4 was almost decent BUT jaws 3 (in 3 -D ) yikes!!!!!!!! now all the sequals to halloween were GREAT except 3 and 7 . The reason 3 sucked was NO Micheal Myers .the reason 7 sucked was it was a hype movie not true to the halloween series, no micheal myers (copy cat micheal got killed in the end) .BUT thank goodness 8 will be based on 1-6 minus 3 ,(i hope)

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedieb
Jul 13th, 2001, 08:54:36 PM
I went through the list and I'd have to agree with 7 out of the 10 choices:
Rocky V
Speed 2
The Pink Panther Film woithout Peter Sellers (Can't remember the title)
Jaws 4
Batman and Robin
Caddyshack 2
Look Who's Talking Too (I didn't neccessarily hate it, it just wasn't very good and the original was a very funny movie.)

I can't comment on BW2 because I haven't seen it. But putting TPM and The Color of Money on that list is ridiculous. Yeah, some people were dissapointed that they didn't get to see the big showdown between Newman and Cruise at the end. But that was Scorsese's POINT! Fast Eddie was back, he didn't care whether he won or lost. That's why he walked out of the tournament in the FIRST place. He wanted to earn his way and that way was through Cruise. Wheter he won or lost didn't matter to him, it was the attempt that did.

Putting TPM at the top is just another example of someone taking a shot at a movie because it's dissapointed them and so many others have already done so. It's hip and easy. "Only geeks liked it and they liked it before they even saw ... blah, blah, blah..." I've heard it all before. Yawn........

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 13th, 2001, 10:22:48 PM
I agree with you jedieb, I would have put Superman III and IV on the list they were the worst films of the series easily. I still think III was terrible Richard Pryor as the Villain!!! That was just plain stupid. As far as TPM goes I was reading on theforce.net board and a couple of people said that the head of programming for E desipises Star Wars and is a big Titanic fan so that could be why we see this attack.

AeRoE
Jul 15th, 2001, 11:24:51 AM
Being a fan of SW's for so long,
I will admit it should be on the list.
I hated that movie.
It was horrid.
Was a shame to relate it to Episodes 4-6.

The movie's only intention was to make money, and they did. Lucas figures that the elder fans would not pull in enough money so he includes a cartoon character in turn little annoying kids can flock to the theaters.
Ploy works and he racks in money in toys as well. Every little kid wants a Jar Jar Beanie.

I personally wish the movie was never released and they would of done it completely different.

I'm now looking forward to the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy, luckily if they follow the book close enough the movies will be great. BTW it was the only series of books I enjoyed besides Terry Brooks' Shannara series.

Darth23
Jul 15th, 2001, 12:12:17 PM
yeah, whatever.

DO youself a favor, skip EP 2.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 15th, 2001, 01:08:14 PM
This guy and Jidai should start their own TPM basher board. Then we can go troll them! :lol:

Jedieb
Jul 15th, 2001, 02:01:22 PM
It's just his first post. Maybe he'll stick around long enough and see that not everyone here thinks TPM was a "perfect" movie. He could love EP2 and spend all summer raving about it. I've got no problem with voicing your displeasure the first time you're here. But if that's all you ever harp about then follow JMK's advice and troll someplace else.

QuiGonJ
Jul 16th, 2001, 09:51:06 AM
enh, it's just the backlash... if you watch TPM with no preconceptions, it's not a bad movie, and my vote for worst.. sequel.. ever would be Robocop 2. The kid in that one made Jake Lloyd look like Olivier, and that movie was just mean-spirited.

Darth23
Jul 16th, 2001, 10:19:54 AM
Aw man!

I missed getting a Jar Jar beanie too!

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 16th, 2001, 11:17:27 AM
I forgot about Robocop 2 that was pretty bad. But I still think its got to be Superman 3. That film was just plain awful. First Lois Lane was reduced to a cameo, second no Lex Luthor and instead we got the bad guy duo of Richard Pryor and Robert Vaughn (who did some of the worst acting of his career) Then Superman becomes a drunk which was really insane and then battles it out with Clark kent. Finally they end with Superman vs robowoman or something like that. That movie was just terrible.

DaBoSsNaStY
Jul 16th, 2001, 03:57:43 PM
yeah... that super man was really bad:p lol!!!

I could not believe they would put the color of money on their, I mean it won Paul Newman an Oscar for cryn out laud!!

as for disgruntle SW fans, I really thing they miss the point of EP I, so it was not the second coming of Christ!!! But it was still a good story, and a great beginning of a tail of watching a young boy that was full of hope and love, turnings into the a man that is more machine now than human that is full of fear and hate...

obiwan shinobi
Jul 18th, 2001, 03:34:47 AM
almost every sequel is worse than the original - bad ones that particularly stand out are:

TMNT II - Secret of the Ooze
Speed 2
Jaws sequels - (the more sequels there are, the worse it gets)
Disney sequels (Lion King 2, Aladdin 2, etc, etc)

best sequels?

ESB
Godfather II
Terminator 2
Indy Jones trilogy

Jedieb
Jul 18th, 2001, 07:21:40 AM
QuiGonJ mentioned a particularly mean spirited sequel, Robocop2. That movie bothers me even more now than it did when I first saw it. Mayybe it's because I'm older and a parent. But the young actor QuigonJ slammed did everything from mouth off obscenities to shooting police officers in the back. He also took over a drug empire and tried to blackmail the city with $50M of drug money. It was as disturbing as it was absurd. The worst part is that the movie was directed by our own Irvin Kershner! Kirsh, how could you?

Before I forget, Ghostbusters 2 sucked!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 18th, 2001, 08:01:14 AM
Granted it wasn't nearly as good as the first, but I didn't find it THAT bad. The worst part about it was the pink slime, but it definetly had its funny moments, and characters.

Ty1972
Jul 20th, 2001, 08:37:43 PM
This is how stupid the overly paid writers are at E on line. It's a PREQUEL not a sequel!!!!!!!!!!!! Go eat your mongo chow!

ReaperFett
Jul 20th, 2001, 08:49:12 PM
"doh"
"ray"
"egon"

Love that:)

worst sequels? Nightmare on Elm street 2, Nightmare on Elm street, Nightmare on...