PDA

View Full Version : so what happens after episode 3??

Starquest aka AndyR
May 9th, 2001, 12:17:06 PM
I would hope that lucas would either make more SW movies, or would maybe make a series like he did with indiana jones or something.... I would definitely watch a mini-series about the origins of the sith or something like that...

If he does nothing with the title then alot f people are going to be kinda let down. I mean at least let the rights be bought, or leased, or whatever, so the SW name can go on. The only thing I would worry about is market saturation... if he just said "anyone can now make SW stuff" and EVERYONE puts out a crappy SW tv show\movie\toy\etc...

What do you think will become of SW after episode 3 is out and over?

Darth McBain
May 9th, 2001, 01:55:24 PM
Personally I hope that he does _not_ sell rights to the name or anything like that. I think GL really has done something amazing with this, and I would hate to see his visions compromised by studio execs who are only interested in making $$$. If SW is to go on, I would only like to see if go on by GL - he's the only one that can make it as special as it is...

That aside, it would be neat to see it go on for some other episodes. The Zahn Trilogy would be pretty neat as a sequence after ROTJ. I think it is highly unlikely, though - hasn't GL stated that he won't be doing any more SW stuff after EP III?

Jedi Master Kyle
May 9th, 2001, 04:30:37 PM
I think GL has gone on record to say that he's taking the series to the grave with him. He has created something mythical here and he won't let anyone ruin his story.

Doc Milo
May 9th, 2001, 06:28:42 PM
Homer created the Illiad and the Oddessy, and those tales are still classics even to this day. There is no need for constant new movies to come out to keep the story going. The story will continue because it, too, is a classic. People of other generations will enjoy Star Wars just like people of our generation still enjoy reading the classic Greek myths. Will it be as popular? No, of course not. Its audience will dwindle over time. But it will continue to have an audience over time as well.

Plus, once the movies are done, there are still the EU novels -- at least until that fails to keep the fans' interest.

I admit we do live in an "out of sight, out of mind" society, but I don't think Star Wars will be "out of sight, out of mind" because its story is so universal and mythical.

buff jedi 2
May 9th, 2001, 08:38:16 PM
I hope A true diehard fan continues the the Star wars legacy.bring on hier to the emipre ,I hope to be an old man still waiting every three years for the next star wars movie..of course the next one should be the adventures of BUFF jedi and his bulging Biceps going through the galaxy saving space princeses from and well you know ,hey it could happen.

Buffjedi/wookieboy

Starquest aka AndyR
May 10th, 2001, 12:40:54 PM
I think that he could do the same with TV that he is doing with the EU - stuff can be made, but everything must go by him before it is released.
Or something made by him, but I do agree that if he sold the rights, then every money-hungry studio would be pushing out SW stuff.
He has definitely gone on record saying that the SW movies are over after ep3. Of course he has also gone on record saying that he has some other sci-fi type ideas for future projects.... so we will at least get some good sci-fi from "The Master"
:)

General Ceel
May 15th, 2001, 09:37:50 AM
I would like to see him do a stand alone star wars film to explore some other part or time in the star wars universe. It would be cool to see a movie that explores the ancient times of the Jedi and the Republic.

Jidai Geki
May 20th, 2001, 05:30:19 PM
I REALLY wish that GL would sell the rights to the movies and allow an artistically serious, and dramatic director remake them at some point. The story of SW deserves a serious and proper dramatic treatment as opposed to the cotton candy, Saturday matinee treatment that it has received thus far.

As far as Lucas taking these things to the grave with him...he probably will. He did create something mythical with the ORIGINAL TRILOGY. But as far as someone else screwing up the movies...nobody could have screwed up TPM worse than he did (well, maybe Renny Harlin). He made himself, and his movies, the butt of a lot of jokes with the release of TPM. That never happened with the original trilogy. He has lost his touch. He is too close to these movies, and can't take a step back and look at them objectively to see what stinks and what doesn't. And he is surrounded with ass-kissing, "YES"-men who just do whatever he says. Nobody tries to offer constructive criticism because these are "George's movies". Yeah, they are. And he can take sole credit for ruining what could have been a masterpiece of a series, all by his lonesome.

RHJediKnight
May 20th, 2001, 07:14:32 PM
Actually, I'd like to see something like a Star Wars anthology TV show, with weekly hour-long episodes exploring different things in the Star Wars galaxy in any era. Something like The Outer Limits, only every ep takes place in the SW universe.

Doc Milo
May 20th, 2001, 07:20:06 PM
Sorry, but I'm willing to bet that a hell of a lot more people liked TPM than feel like you do about it.

It's just that you "Anti-TPM-ers" are louder and more arrogant in your OPINIONS. Oh, well, my mother used to say that an empty box makes the most noise.

You seem like a Hollywood establishment elitist who just hates Lucas anyway. (Just turning the "Blind Lucas Loyalist" accusations (made in another thread) around.)

Jedi Master Carr
May 21st, 2001, 12:02:31 AM
Bravo Doc, I agree with you about bashers, I get sick of them shouting at us that TPM stunk and try to make us agree with them. I have no problem with their opinion but its their obnoxious attitude that gets me mad at them. Also I don't not want a ultra serious Star Wars movie that would just plain suck. The movies are escapist entertainment, and I mean all of them. I have no clue what people expected out of TPM, but Shakespearean tragedy, or Pulp Fiction they should not have expected but the same escapist movie that made the OT so great.

ReaperFett
May 22nd, 2001, 02:45:26 AM
I enjoyed TPM as much as the others. I avoided the hype. TPM bashers take note

PhoneLine
May 24th, 2001, 12:38:26 PM
After Ep3? Why, Star Wars: The Thanksgiving Special of course.

:lol:

Jedieb
May 24th, 2001, 06:27:56 PM
I think the only form SW will take on after EP3 is in novel and comic form. Those are the only mediums in which the creators aren't bound by the financial burdens SW creates. A TV series could never do SW justice. The end result would look cheap by comparison. I just don't see how a TV series could do SW justice.

Doc Milo
May 25th, 2001, 04:01:41 AM
The only way I can see a TV series doing Star Wars justice is if it's an animated series -- with great animation, though.

QuiGonJ
May 25th, 2001, 11:03:30 AM
I was gonna answer "Episode 4, of course!" hehehe

I think it will go the Disney route of something re-released every few years, and appreciated for what it is. Lucas said the book series would continue as long as they sold, cause somehow he doesn't really consider the EU to be Star Wars, but he doesn't run SW into the ground they way they've done with Star Trek.

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2001, 12:30:07 PM
I think they should make an animated movies too. I would love to see Heir to the Empire made into an animated movie because that is the only way it could be done (the actors are too old to replay their old roles now). I also remember Lucas one time saying in an interview not long ago, that there will be a Lucasfilm channel eventually that would heir Star Wars related programs along with educational and other entertainment shows maybe they could turn all of the books into animated movies and show them on this new channel, now that would be cool.

Jidai Geki
May 25th, 2001, 01:57:58 PM
Therapy!!!! To try and remove the memory of these movies from my consciousness.

Doc Milo
May 25th, 2001, 02:16:38 PM
Easy way to do that would be not to go see the next two and save the tickets for someone who will enjoy them.

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2001, 02:33:39 PM
Jidai Geki, then what are you still doing here, if all you want to do is complain please leave and never come back. I loved the last movie, it just what I expected and was no where near disapointed. If you were, fine I except that but don't come in here complaining to us and bashing Star Wars. If you want go start a bashers board and talk with other bashers.

Jonce
May 25th, 2001, 10:20:21 PM
I don't see why Lucas can't make a mini-series or a TV-movie consentrating on another time from the Star Wars universe.
We've had the Holiday Special and the Ewoks and Droids cartoons. Not to mention them 2 Ewok films.

Jedieb
May 26th, 2001, 10:16:05 AM
Let's not mention those 2 Ewok films. They sucked hard! SW has never been succesful on TV. The Holiday Special, the Ewok movies have all been major dissapointments. The Droids and Ewok series weren't too bad, but they certainly weren't the best cartoons of their day. I'd love to see a new SW animated series done in an anime fashion. That has the potential to be something special. Just look at the SW Manga comics and you can see the possibilities.

PropReplicator
May 28th, 2001, 06:37:10 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't quite stomach Star Wars in Anime form.:/

however, given Lucas' admiration for Japanese filmwork, Anime would make an appropriate choice. And I'm not saying I wouldn't watch it if it were on.;)

pcmon2
Aug 6th, 2001, 01:47:54 PM
lucas said in an interview that he's workin on eppies 7, 8, and 9. they should be written around 2005 or 6.