PDA

View Full Version : "flamesabre"-spoiler!"+

DarthAce
Jan 4th, 2001, 11:36:39 AM
Our new scooper calls himself 'Ranch Ranger', and tells us that he's working for the production and has seen some of the work in progress on the film's battle sequences. We're about to get into SPOILER territory here, and we're rating it as MILD: that is, no discussion about major plot or character twists, but discussion about weapons and their sound effects. Swipe to reveal the sections we've deemed as SPOILERS.

"From what I've seen, the arena battle scenes will be the most memorable sequence in epII and, perhaps, the entire saga," writes 'Ranch Ranger'. "Picture hundreds of Jedi battling craploads of battle droids, destroyer droids and the new superdroids (which look strikingly similar to Robot from the recent Lost in Space film) all in the SAME @#%$ shot! Needless to say, our guys win the day but not without heavy losses. This is the start of the Jedi Purge we've been hearing so much about.

"Mace Windu will be a key character in this scene. His duel with Jango Fett (and a creature called the Reek) may prove more memorable than the lightsaber duel at the film's end. It is here that we see why Mace is on the Jedi Council and is as respected as Yoda.

"Not that the lightsaber duel towards the end will be without it's surprises. One of the questions asked early on was this: 'How can you top a double-sided lightsaber?' Well, Christopher Lee's Darth Tyrannus/Count Dooku has (get this) a lightsaber colored red AND orange, much like a flame. (The guys over in the CG dept. have dubbed it 'the flamesaber'.) It is said to also have a distinct whooshing sound rather than the regular snap-hiss of normal lightsabers. I've heard thru the grapevine that Ben Burtt and his guys are having a difficult time with the sound for it, but I have a great deal of faith in Ben and his team." 'Ranch Ranger' also said that the "flamesaber" has a ornate carving on its hilt, and that the weapon itself looks plain evil.

Some of what the Ranger told us meshes with what our sources have said, such as the arena battle between the Jedi, the Reeks and the droids, and the fight between Mace and Jango. As for Dooku's "flamesaber", we've heard reports that it may have a scimitar-like appearance to it (i.e. it's curved), but nothing about it incorporating two different colors in the blade's appearance, or that it will generate a different sound than the lightsaber. Both claims are completely new to our ears, and we'll be contacting our sources to see if they've heard anything about this new weapon. Like we said, the report may indeed be accurate but it also may be a recent development as the special effects team works on completing the film.

['Ranch Ranger' said he did it for the fans.]

Hart Kenobi
Jan 4th, 2001, 10:56:34 PM
Sounds awesome. Can't wait to get a look at that thing.

DarthAce
Jan 5th, 2001, 06:15:36 AM
me too!:+

Hart Kenobi
Jan 5th, 2001, 10:17:30 PM
But to tell you the truth, now I'm a little disappointed that it won't be as big a deal when I see it now that I know. I gotta keep myself out of these spoiler topics. I was just too interested by the concept.

Jedi Master Kyle
Apr 3rd, 2001, 05:49:52 PM
Apparently the whole flamesaber thing is a sham anyway. It was made up to make star wars news sites look stupid. Or maybe the falsifying report is a fake too.

Pimpish Cat
Apr 3rd, 2001, 11:08:11 PM
Hey I have been hearing at alot of places about this Darth Tyranus guy, or Dooku or whatever and he sounds cool.

pcmon2
Aug 6th, 2001, 01:57:19 PM
man, i want to see episode 2 alot more!!!:(

Hart Kenobi
Aug 7th, 2001, 10:15:10 PM
I don't think it's possible for me to want to see it more.